I can't understand why many mirian (chinese) can't speak eng

i can’t understand why many mirian (chinese) can’t speak english .

their parent can speak chinese, but they dont want teach their child chinese.
only given them english education.

do you agree with it? :smiley:

even bahasa, they are also hard to speak…i was taught bm and bi for removal class…only God knows better…just like “ayam n itik” during the lesson. ( janganlah marah mirian, saya sepatutnya ajar Bahasa Melayu, kerajaan yang suruh ajar bahasa Inggeris…jangan risau, saya sedang ambil kelas bahasa inggeris sekarang ni) terima kash atas komen yang sangat membantu

No wonder… :lol:

:lol: [quote=“Legend”][quote=“jckarichard”]even bahasa,[size=150] they also hard to speak[/size]…i was[size=150] teach[/size] bm and bi for removal class…only God [size=150]know[/size] better…just like “ayam n itik” during the lesson[/quote]
No wonder… :lol:[/quote]
Burnt!! Get your language right before commenting on others

[quote=“yongsim”]i can’t understand why many mirian (chinese) can’t speak english .

do you agree with it? :D[/quote]

so do u mean they (the younger kids) dont speak much eng or mandarin ??? as ur statement contradicts…

*They are also hard to speak

• I was teaching / i taught
  • Only God knows better

You’re truly a bad teacher, “kid”.

[quote=“yongsim”]i can’t understand why many mirian (chinese) can’t speak english .

How is this ended up in JOKE section?

Many old timer aren’t as lucky as we do, they don’t chance to enter school. but that doesn’t meant they are less success than any of us.
i do not see how is that an issue.

Your title and your statement here are contradicted.

i can’t understand why many mirian (chinese) can’t speak english .

So do you want the children to speak English only?
Or you want the child same with the parents whom can’t communicate in English?

As long they can feed family and not doing anything harmful to the society, i do not see anything wrong with it.

No wonder… :lol:[/quote]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don’t get this thread.

[size=150]*They are also hard to speak[/size][/quote]

You macam pandai sangat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[size=150]*They are also hard to speak[/size][/quote]

You macam pandai sangat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I never say that. You said it.
Say to OP instead.

Sometimes, we look at people’s mistake too much that we forget, that we are too in such a dire state and in need of correction and guidance. Anyway, when the blind leads the blinds the only way out through a darkroom is not with a candle where’s the blind never seen a candle only knows what a candle is, what it represent and what it could do…

It’s the same as today’s education system… we are being taught rather than experiencing it, we are spoon fed by ‘things’ rather than finding it with guidance. A teacher is not a teacher if he/she dictates everything with a book, but rather a teacher teaches by letting the students makes mistakes and the students learns from it as the teacher too has experienced such mistake and has made corrective measures.

I have cohesive thoughts towards your understanding of what has been laid and said, but a share is a share, and you’d be deprived of knowledge if i didn’t.

Cheers!

i dont think it should limited to chinese.
some bumiputera also cannot speak or write proper english.
Believed or not, in oil & gas company. got people cannot speak or write proper english.
They get into that company using back door & influence

in chinese school,some of the teacher teached English in Mandarin…their explained in Mandarin…exactly like in China school…and some of them never bother to learn or try to converse in BM or English…our racial gap in coommunication even far away compare to our parent generation…many times when ppl call me and speak in mandarin if they want to ask/tell me something when i PM them in miricommunity.net fb page…at least speak in English first…in Peninsula where got like this… :roll:

Ur shooting your own foot bro…

[quote=“swk”]i dont think it should limited to chinese.
some bumiputera also cannot speak or write proper english.
Believed or not, in oil & gas company. got people cannot speak or write proper english.
They get into that company using back door & influence[/quote]

sad case bro…what to do…tidak pandai kerja tidak apa…janji kenal orang

Omg, how could u teach your students this type of language! :shock:

I dun really understand and was confused.

First, you asked “Why many Mirian Chinese can’t speak English?”

• So, I assumed that you said Chinese can’t speak English here in Miri.

Then, you said “Parents can speak Chinese, but dun teach their children Chinese. Only send them to English school”

• So, here I am confused already.
    I interpret it this way:
  • Parents dun teach their children Chinese, hence they do not know how to speak Chinese. They only know how to speak English as they are sent to English school since young.

Which one is it then?

First, most chinese speak english.
secondly, nothing wrong if a chinese cannot speak english. my parents cannot speak english.
Thirdly, can you speak Mandarin ?
Dont try to have superiority over others ?

I cant understand why this thread exist, period…