How to get to Similajau?

Hello guys, need some help here. Can anyone guide on how to get to Similajau from Miri? :oops:

use the new road Miri to Bintulu straight away almost reach Bintulu u will saw a signborad heading to Similajau.

Thanks. It’s from the airport road right? Just go straight, right? Any turns that need to be taken note of? How long does the trip takes?

airport road is old road. dont use that. use the Luak Bay Esplanade road straight to Bintulu.

similajau very near bintulu

Oh, Esplanade road? Hmm… Passes by a seafood restaurant right? Are there any signboards along the road indicating Bintulu’s distance?

@shane, thanks, knew that, but dunno how to go :stuck_out_tongue:

can take plane
is it a tourist destination?

By car =.= No plane

Be careful of the road sign, it’s misleading! I was looking for that place Similajau Resort around Nov/07 also
and i found that the 1st signboard on the T-junction (if going to Bintulu from Miri) is not the correct one!!!
That Similajau sign leads to dead ends and it’s very dangerous to drive there with small cars, I was lucky to
use a SUV. The Similajau Resort turn-off junction is quite near to Kidurong road, you will see a smaller sign
there. I repeat again, do not follow the direction of the 1st signboard at the T-junction if you are coming
from Miri; unless you want to go to the plantation. To go to the resort you follow the “Bintulu” route (turn left)
and not far before you reach Kidurong road, look out for the 2nd smaller signboard that point to Similajau
Resort on the right-hand side.

hope this help and good luck finding it!

nice place, MC gathering thr?

No. d-sign asking for direction.

i know. im jz suggesting a gathering thr

[quote=“zTiLaSo”]Be careful of the road sign, it’s misleading! I was looking for that place Similajau Resort around Nov/07 also
and i found that the 1st signboard on the T-junction (if going to Bintulu from Miri) is not the correct one!!!
That Similajau sign leads to dead ends and it’s very dangerous to drive there with small cars, I was lucky to
use a SUV. The Similajau Resort turn-off junction is quite near to Kidurong road, you will see a smaller sign
there. I repeat again, do not follow the direction of the 1st signboard at the T-junction if you are coming
from Miri; unless you want to go to the plantation. To go to the resort you follow the “Bintulu” route (turn left)
and not far before you reach Kidurong road, look out for the 2nd smaller signboard that point to Similajau
Resort on the right-hand side.

hope this help and good luck finding it![/quote]
Wow, O_O I see, thanks.

The national service camp is located there, right?

I didn’t take notice, I was too frustrated then; but you can ask g400g400 coz there just been there.
Here is the link to their nice photos:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11032

Alright, thank you all so much !!! :smiley:

When u reach the T junction, do not be hesitate to turn to the side that stating “To Bintulu”, then just drive straight until u see a signboard with the sign “9km to Similajau Resort, 3km to Kem Khidmat Negara Similajau”. Turn in and drive staight till the end. But be careful cos the road isn’t really good.

Oh, cool. So the camp is a bit nearer than Similajau Resort, eh? Aight, good to know :smiley: Thanks!! Do they have a signboard there upon reaching? Don’t wanna go past it without knowing :oops:

at the t-junction turn right, take the first road on the left after the bridge, at the end of that road, park the car and walk down to the beach. that’s tj similajau. the beach is much more beautiful than similajau national park. and it might be destroyed or out of bound not too long from now…

Ah, made it there today. Thanks a lot to you guys !! :smiley: Helped a lot :smiley:

at the t-junction turn right, take the first road on the left after the bridge, at the end of that road, park the car and walk down to the beach. that’s tj similajau. the beach is much more beautiful than similajau national park. and it might be destroyed or out of bound not too long from now…[/quote]

I lost my way. So didnt manage to get there. Will try again next trip, if any. :oops: