HOW SINGAPOREAN pump petrol in M'sia?

i think they shake the car because let say u pay rm 80.00 oil then when u want to pump almost finish liao…then the meter show RM 79.98…still got 2cents… so they want to save maa… dont want to waste maa… so shake shake the car… make the car oil go down bit shake shake so got more space for the 2cents oil eh hahahahaahah… aiya… u people kw what am i talking abt not???

the above examples you quoted are valid reasons, but i still don’t get how shaking the car will get more fuel into the tank, without even considering what economic benefits that will bring.

shaking the car should give opposite effect to slowly milking in the petrol, no?

fren, we are talking about petrol lah, not batu you know. shake shake can go down kah?

[quote=“stupidhead”]the above examples you quoted are valid reasons, but i still don’t get how shaking the car will get more fuel into the tank, without even considering what economic benefits that will bring.

shaking the car should give opposite effect to slowly milking in the petrol, no?[/quote]

Apparently from what I’ve read so far - the tank inside your average car is designed with a small indentation at the top specifically to - uh… - put air there. You know, some sort of a safety device… to leave air in your tank so it won’t explode or cause mass extinction and kill baby seals or something -_-
So if you slosh it around it might just get that pesky air out and you can dump more fuel in. Ahah! Ingenius!

Would that make me pump my car up and down? Nope. I don’t even do that to check the shock absorbers.

i feel pity for the car…

i get a wrong impression from the video… the guy seems to be ahem bang-ing the car rather than letting the excessive air out of the fuel tank… haha…

fren, we are talking about petrol lah, not batu you know. shake shake can go down kah?[/quote]

haha… cheryl… have u ever heard of the word “viscosity”?

[quote=“ian”][quote=“stupidhead”]the above examples you quoted are valid reasons, but i still don’t get how shaking the car will get more fuel into the tank, without even considering what economic benefits that will bring.

shaking the car should give opposite effect to slowly milking in the petrol, no?[/quote]

Apparently from what I’ve read so far - the tank inside your average car is designed with a small indentation at the top specifically to - uh… - put air there. You know, some sort of a safety device… to leave air in your tank so it won’t explode or cause mass extinction and kill baby seals or something -_-
So if you slosh it around it might just get that pesky air out and you can dump more fuel in. Ahah! Ingenius!

Would that make me pump my car up and down? Nope. I don’t even do that to check the shock absorbers.[/quote]

yeap… i read/hear about that somewhere…
maybe during my engine combustion lecture last time?? :wink:

fren, we are talking about petrol lah, not batu you know. shake shake can go down kah?[/quote]

can… u try lo…

haha… cheryl… have u ever heard of the word “viscosity”?[/quote]

no o… what meaning???

[quote=“QueBlur”][quote=“syent”]http://202.157.174.100/20080503-ss-petrolpump/Player.html

nope…seen sarawakian do that in brunei last time…we are wirst, bring a few plastic containers to fill it up at the nearest gas station in brunei… :lol:[/quote][/quote]

haha… i think sarawakian is also kiasu la.

by the way, it not only apply to singaporean car, even at the northern states bordering thailand also being imposed the same regulations…
but thanks god that it has been postponed. i think singaoporean will be suffering in jb if their car is running out of petrol and could not find a place to fill in their petrol… pity