Hot And Dry Weather To Persist Until April

February 23, 2010 22:34 PM

Hot And Dry Weather To Persist Until April

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 23 (Bernama) – The hot and dry weather in Peninsular Malaysia and in Miri and Limbang in Sarawak is expected to persist until April, the Meteorological Department said.

The phenomenon, which is caused by the El-Nino in central Pacific Ocean, is expected to ease gradually from May.

The department said in a statement Tuesday that during the inter-monsoon season in April, the rainfall in the peninsula and in northern Sarawak would gradually return to normal.

The weather in Sabah is expected to return to normal in May.

The department said Malaysia was now in the final phase of the northeast monsoon, hence the warmer and drier weather, with temperature of between 34 and 36 degrees Celsius.

The sun’s movement, which passes directly over the Equator also contributed to the hot and dry condition and this was compounded further by the El-Nino phenomenon in the central Pacific Ocean and the lack of rain in the country.

Among areas which receive minimal rain are Perlis, Kedah, Langkawi, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, interior of Negeri Sembilan, Johor, all areas in Sabah and Bintulu in Sarawak.

– BERNAMA

Source: http://bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=477493

the stupid state gov still dont want start the cloud seeding? want wait till true x2 dried, got heavy haze & no cloud above our head?

it’s just an excuse to allow irresponsible people continue with their open burning session…

Instead of blaming government, why not we take responsibilities too by avoid open burning, save water, report any irresponsible open burning, etc.

Its not like they are causing this hot & dry weather, factor in climate change, and cloud seeding cannot do much as it is a short term solution.

at least i won’t need to wash my car too often… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Zzzzzz, early morning wake up have to smell the ‘‘FRESH AIR’’ provided by those irresponsible people… :frowning:

Thank god my house is surrounded by trees. LOL