High Speed BroadBand (HSBB) on 2012 in Miri

HOnestly people, having copper wires can carry up to 4mb/s or more. Heck all we need is screamyx to provide us with 1mb/s and we’ll be home free!! unfortunately for us, they ONLY provide 1mb/s INTERNALLY! thus they do not promise they will use the best connection to connect out of malaysia. SO even with fibre and a 1gb/s line it will ONLY run internally as in IN the COUNTRY ONLY!

besides, think first lah. You think TM will actually burn dough to lay fibre cables for miri? lolx. They’ll start in Klang valley first.

Also, WiMax is GREAT! I use it when i’m in Subang and it’s as promised. They provide awesome speeds. I’ve got no complaints there. Oh yeah and also in Miri my line is fast! i stream online movies everytime, youtube loads in an instant! so I dunno wat u guys complaining about, well ok besides the whole “it’s raining, I’m laggin’” issue lah lolx.

There is wimax in Kuching provide by REDTONE company. I have try to use when i’m in kuching but still have lack of wifi coverage. So streamyx still the best what ever people telling bad about streamyx.

What ever ISP come it is the same story when you’re subscribe streamyx caused all infra will be rental from TM…We just don’t know either wimax use PPOA or PPOE to log in to the net… :roll:

well honestly we cant really complain about streamyx cos the amout of data is unlimited. If you want fast connections I guess TM can do that but with a limit, which really sux! here we can stream sooooo many movies nonstop! lolx

i prefer fast connection with limit over slow without limit tbh.

hsbb ?? got election coming kah ???

high speed?

eh…tipu…!!! that video has to be crap of the highest order. the lifestyles portrayed is not accessible to 99% of the populace . the other 1% must be those !@#$%^&* umnoputras.

edit nvm problem solved by itself.

[quote=“markko234”][quote=“Faelane”]I heard Wimax will be established in Miri around March. Anyone in Kuching have any feedback for us?

Hopefully better than De-Connection.

If its actually working well, i’m thinking about cancelling Streamyx and going for that instead. Having Streamyx is like having dial up anyways. That statement about the copper line is so true. Even with high speed broadband, the current phone lines will do little to improve the speed. They need to start with changing the copperlines to something better.[/quote]
Use it then you’ll know. But I bet Streamyx still gonna be better than P1WiMax. Not fanboy ar![/quote]

The WiMax operator for East Malaysia is Redtone and not P1. These are two different companies.

[quote=“yoo”]There is wimax in Kuching provide by REDTONE company. I have try to use when i’m in kuching but still have lack of wifi coverage. So streamyx still the best what ever people telling bad about streamyx.

What ever ISP come it is the same story when you’re subscribe streamyx caused all infra will be rental from TM…We just don’t know either wimax use PPOA or PPOE to log in to the net… :roll:[/quote]

You would need to subscribe to their service only then you can use it. It doesn’t operate like wifi and a dedicated modem is needed to get the signal.

[quote=“dpmy05”][quote=“yoo”]There is wimax in Kuching provide by REDTONE company. I have try to use when i’m in kuching but still have lack of wifi coverage. So streamyx still the best what ever people telling bad about streamyx.

What ever ISP come it is the same story when you’re subscribe streamyx caused all infra will be rental from TM…We just don’t know either wimax use PPOA or PPOE to log in to the net… :roll:[/quote]

You would need to subscribe to their service only then you can use it. It doesn’t operate like wifi and a dedicated modem is needed to get the signal.[/quote]

Hummm…
Looks something like this?

yahooo HSBB package so cheap…thank’s :mrgreen:

Man, if this is a reality. I hope online games would be at constant 300ms, otherwise its failed.

Honestly I don’t think this HSBB is going to work all that well. All its promises of a fast internet is going to end up really really slow like what streamyx is doing right now. I’m not surprised if its going to run as fast as a 56k dial up.

even until now my house is still using copper wire…they say i cant even subscribe 2mb package… wth
and now roll out what hsbb in kl… fark la… why not use that money give EVERYBODY a more stable internet connection…
Frankly i gave up hope in Tmnut n government already,… pui

As HSBB being unveileld, named UniFi, the price for respective are also revealed. MIri is scheduled to have it in 2012 =\

http://www.unifi.my/index.php?option=co … Itemid=206

The above link is for residential only.

Latest pricing for HSBB…refer to attachments…

At the moment i’ll just see how UniFi fare over the West…if it’s bad i’ll just stick with streamyx =\

Check this out!! http://ezanyempires.blogspot.com/2010/03/unifi-pakej-dan-harga.html

HSBB is fast but data limited just like Celcom, Maxis or other service which provide limited download per month… I guess Screamyx is way better than HSBB although the max speed around 4Mbps.

VIP5 package RM149 but 60Gb max download per month,
VIP10 package RM199 with 90Gb max download per month, and lastly
VIP20 package RM249 with 120Gb max download per month.

Darn it!! I thought it was an unlimited data plan just like Screamyx. :evil:

I heard also soon streamyx will be come out with new package with capping bandwidth and existing customer also involve changes…

I hope not… I hope existing customers don’t get capped… >.<