High Speed BroadBand (HSBB) on 2012 in Miri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

High Speed Broadband (HSBB) is a broadband service that offers bandwidth delivered at network speeds of 10Mbps and above. Unlike normal broadband connections which deliver bandwidth at network speeds ranging between 256kbps and 4Mbps, basic HSBB packages will eventually allow Malaysians to experience high speed Internet of up to 100 times faster than the usual rate while business will be able to have maximum speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps (1Gbps)

HSBB Technology Mix
HSBB delivered to consumers and businesses will be through a mix of Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH), Ethernet-to-the-Home (ETTH), Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2) and Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line 2+ (ADSL2+)**** technologies. In greenfield (new development) areas, FTTH will be the pre-dominant technology used for both residential and commercial properties, whereas, brownfield (existing development) areas will be served by FTTH, ETTH, VDSL2 and ADSL2+ technologies depending on the types of properties and services to be deployed.

The diagram below illustrates this.

• Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) the physical delivery of fibre optic cables directly to homes & businesses replacing the existing copper lines
    ** Ethernet-to-the-Home (ETTH) a generalised fibre solution evolving from a circuit switched model to an entirely packet switched model using Ethernet as opposed to Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
    *** Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2) an access technology using existing copper lines which is the newest and most advanced standard of DSL broadband wireline communications
    **** Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line 2+ (ADSL2+) - an access technology using existing copper lines that is able to extend the capability of basic ADSL by doubling the number of downstream bits.

http://www.tm.com.my/connecting-you/digital-lifestyle/hsbb/PublishingImages/techmix.jpg

In HSBB
No more copper anymore
Internal wiring no more copper change to fiber
Drop wire outside change to fiber
use special modem
VDSL and Adsl 2++

eh… what i heard… is fibre for external wires then it go through converter and we still use copper wire o… >_>

bagus… harga pn bagus. maybe around 200+. u see…

from what i’ve heard… its around the 200 - 400 price range

Fibre is not only for external but internal also…you know how much time to install…It takes almost 3 to 4 hours…and it depend your home structure… :mrgreen:

World’s gonna end at that time LOL…

yea…world ended when 2012 … :lol:

wat company provide this hsbb ?

TM only

Any mirian here interested about HSBB fill in this form. Hope TM will consider make HSBB come first in Miri if more people in miri interested… :mrgreen:

http://www.tm.com.my/connecting-you/dig … ested.aspx

I heard that all ISP will join together to form a better service/coverage? lol… share of infrastructures …

Even Digi, Celcom or Maxis and don’t forgot P1 Wimax potong too also share…

Fibre here, fiber there…meh…by the time all of these completely setup, we already got grandchildren.

tm again? scuk ma bite ah

was told by a s. korean friend whom i work with, korea will have 1Gbps internet by 2012… :shock:
currently they have wireless free everywhere thru out the city and people watching video clip (without bandwidth problem) via their ipod for free everywhere… (i dont know how true what he told me)
but its so nicee!!! free internet!

so… u know why most of the ‘pro’ mmo player from korea?? cos they cheat with their high speed internet! heheh just kidding :stuck_out_tongue:

wah … cool

I heard Wimax will be established in Miri around March. Anyone in Kuching have any feedback for us?

Hopefully better than De-Connection.

If its actually working well, i’m thinking about cancelling Streamyx and going for that instead. Having Streamyx is like having dial up anyways. That statement about the copper line is so true. Even with high speed broadband, the current phone lines will do little to improve the speed. They need to start with changing the copperlines to something better.

[quote=“Faelane”]I heard Wimax will be established in Miri around March. Anyone in Kuching have any feedback for us?

Hopefully better than De-Connection.

If its actually working well, i’m thinking about cancelling Streamyx and going for that instead. Having Streamyx is like having dial up anyways. That statement about the copper line is so true. Even with high speed broadband, the current phone lines will do little to improve the speed. They need to start with changing the copperlines to something better.[/quote]
Use it then you’ll know. But I bet Streamyx still gonna be better than P1WiMax. Not fanboy ar!

By then isnt it general election already? Possible the BN gonna hold the HSBB for ransom?