High Frequency of Robbery Case at Bulatan Commercial Centre

(ZoOL) #1

I’m going to share on what happened to my office last Saturday, 25/04/2015 located just behind the Miri City Food Court.
Somebody broke into my admin office and steal several laptops, projectors, external hardisk, and couple hundreds.
These thieves/thief cut off our front door diamond shaped grill, damaged the door locks to enter the office and ransacked the place in search for valuable items.
We don’t know how many people involved but seems like they are quite familiar with the area.
Why I said this? Because since last year there has been similar cases.
Few months back, somebody attempted to enter TL Pharmacy but only succeeded opening the roller shutter.
After that, the tuition centre above the bakery shop catches on fire which was caused by the thief (they managed to steal PCs and other stuffs).
Last February, the tailor shop on the 1st floor faced similar robbery case and then later the bakery shop on the ground floor.
Last month, our padlock for the ground floor warehouse was drilled but it was a failed attempt.
For me this is too much! These thieves/thief are quite daring because they managed to make robberies at the same area.
I hope the authorities will catch these thieves and put them to jail for good!

0 Likes

(winwin) #2

Perhaps the proprietors doing business at the area should jointly request the police to patrol in and around the area? It looks like the theft case is getting more frequent and out of hand to the extent of causing fire which is dangerous.

livedlooz said:
I'm going to share on what happened to my office last Saturday, 25/04/2015 located just behind the Miri City Food Court.
Somebody broke into my admin office and steal several laptops, projectors, external hardisk, and couple hundreds.
These thieves/thief cut off our front door diamond shaped grill, damaged the door locks to enter the office and ransacked the place in search for valuable items.
We don't know how many people involved but seems like they are quite familiar with the area.
Few months back, somebody attempted to enter TL Pharmacy but only succeeded opening the roller shutter.
After that, the tuition centre above the bakery shop catches on fire which was caused by the thief (they managed to steal PCs and other stuffs).
Last February, the tailor shop on the 1st floor faced similar robbery case and then later the bakery shop on the ground floor.
Last month, our padlock for the ground floor warehouse was drilled but it was a failed attempt.
For me this is too much! These thieves/thief are quite daring because they managed to make robberies at the same area.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #3

My boss planned to gather all business owner in the area to engage securities.
Not sure whether police patrol is quite efficient because the thief can wait until the police move out from the area.
Full time security is the best option i guess.

0 Likes

(Athrun_zala_faith) #4

If you caught the robbers, tie them up, strip them naked. hang them on a street light pole.

See if they want to do it again.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #5
Athrun_zala_faith said:
If you caught the robbers, tie them up, strip them naked. hang them on a street light pole.

LOL! strip em naked??
0 Likes

(winwin) #6
livedlooz said:

LOL! strip em naked??
livedlooz, I don't think you are going to do that :)
0 Likes

(4John) #7

Don’t Insurance cover such monetary losses?
CCTV installations would deter such occurrence and also provide video evidence to aid the CSI team.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #8
4John said:
Don't Insurance cover such monetary losses? CCTV installations would deter such occurrence and also provide video evidence to aid the CSI team.
Nope, insurance company does not cover moveable items.
Already planned to install CCTV in the area.
0 Likes

(Reject corrupt BN and save our country.) #9

Thieves in miri are not afraid bcos our police are bladee useless.

0 Likes

(Skoolizout) #10
livedlooz said:
4John said:
Don't Insurance cover such monetary losses? CCTV installations would deter such occurrence and also provide video evidence to aid the CSI team.
Nope, insurance company does not cover moveable items.
Already planned to install CCTV in the area.
yes it does, you must have "el cheapo" insurance
0 Likes

(winwin) #11

It’s was said in See Hua Daily yesterday two robbers were caught and many stolen items were recovered from the house they resided in.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #12
winwin said:
It's was said in See Hua Daily yesterday two robbers were caught and many stolen items were recovered from the house they resided in.
Good riddance.. hopes they capture more thieves/robbers.. they are nuisance to the society!
0 Likes

(orang_kuning) #13
livedlooz said:
I'm going to share on what happened to my office last Saturday, 25/04/2015 located just behind the Miri City Food Court.
We don't know how many people involved but seems like they are quite familiar with the area.
you need to stay 4 or 5 steps ahead of the thieves.

consider an alarm / cctv system linked to the internet.
When the alarm goes off (silent mode for me hehehe) there will be a notification on your phone, you can see what is happening in real time on your night vision CCTV.
For me, I would activate my remote locking door and lock them inside then turn on the LRADS and hidden pepper sprays.

Then my strike team would be mobilized.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #14

Sounds good but too dangerous if the thieves well armed :sweat:

0 Likes

(Danielle ) #15

I always hate hearing things like this. I’m sure that you’re very hard working and now you have to replace all those things. I mean why don’t people just go out there and work for a living instead of doing things like this? It’s just that things like this really bother me.

0 Likes