Help return BN to power, Sarawakian voters urged

MIRI: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said he knows that he can count on Sarawakians and Sabahans to deliver the goods and help return Barisan Nasional to power in Putrajaya.

The Barisan Nasional chairman said the day is coming very soon when Malaysians will decide their future.

“Sarawak and Sabah have always been close to my heart. Sarawak is my model for 1Malaysia. I have always admired how Sarawakians live peacefully.

“I have shown how much I care for Sarawak during my years as PM.

“You can see that I have delivered what I promised to Sarawak.

“Now that the time is drawing near, I know I can count on you to vote BN back into power.

“You will not gamble your future with a 93-year-old man,” he said at a leadership seminar for 1,500 community leaders here.

Najib said that the Barisan manifesto to be announced on April 7 will give special emphasis to Sarawak and Sabah.

He said one section in the manifesto will be about the future of both states. The prime minister said Barisan also wants to win back Miri.

Najib listed all the mega projects that he had approved for Sarawak including the RM22bil Pan Borneo Highway project.

“Did the previous PM do that kind of projects for Sarawak when he was there for 22 years?” he asked.

Also at the event was Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg and state Barisan leaders.

Najib is on a two day working visit to northern Sarawak.

Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2018/04/06/help-return-bn-to-power-sarawakian-voters-urged/