Help Please

I’m going for a long distance drive from miri to kch in 2 weeks time, alone… it’s my 1st time, so i’m quite worried… what should i do…? any suggestions friends? Thanks for ur help…

if im not mistaken its a straight highway?

ok, here are my 3 golden rules for any and all long distance travels

1.) bring GPS

2.) bring 2 swiss army knives (if meet mugger, open up everything and throw, aim at the head. the other one as backup if missed)

3.) bring $$$$ and $$$$

always work!

Just don’t do night journey, you’ll be fine.

And, have enough rest and sleep before you travel, make sure your vehicle is in good condition. Refueling can be done at shell station Jakar (Sarikei) or petronas station at Betong there. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“mevotex”]if im not mistaken its a straight highway?

1.) bring GPS

2.) bring 2 swiss army knives (if meet mugger, open up everything and throw, aim at the head. the other one as backup if missed)

3.) bring $$$$ and $$$$

always work![/quote]

wow… thanks for the help dude… hopefully it works…

[quote=“vertigo”]Just don’t do night journey, you’ll be fine.

And, have enough rest and sleep before you travel, make sure your vehicle is in good condition. Refueling can be done at shell station Jakar (Sarikei) or petronas station at Betong there. :P[/quote]

yaa… i prefer travel in the morning… and about the refueling, i think i gonna fill full tank in every big town, bintulu, sibu, sarikei, sri aman… quite worried of my car, a petrol toyota fortuner… hopefully my full tank can reach the town that i mention just now… huhu…

I was told - for long distance drive… do not pump your tyre to maximum pressure, because running at full will make it hot and the heat may cause the tyre to blow up while driving… i dont know how true is this but just in case lar…
also … dont drive while you are tired does not matter how confident you are. stop and rest and revive.

have fun and enjoy your road trip :slight_smile:

[quote=“Talindra”]I was told - for long distance drive… do not pump your tyre to maximum pressure, because running at full will make it hot and the heat may cause the tyre to blow up while driving… i dont know how true is this but just in case lar…
also … dont drive while you are tired does not matter how confident you are. stop and rest and revive.

have fun and enjoy your road trip :)[/quote]

yaa, i’ve heard that before… and it’s true… hmm… another 1 week to go before the long journey drive… btw, thanks anyway…

yes! its very important not to drive when tired, i can NEVER forget that time i fall asleep for few seconds in highway :?

wow… that’s dangerous dude… btw, i’ve also heard my friends telling me to drink 2 bottles of livita… true or not, not sure bout that… it keeps us awake during a long distance drive… hmm, gonna try that tips also… and hopefully it works… cheers…

Have your mobile connected to CELCOM…the signal goes all the way to Kuching…just incase

here tips for you…if using coastal way from miri to bintulu…becarefull…alot of bumpy roads…and for ur info from selangau to sibu the road was very2 bad…banyak lobang…but when u reach betong area…the road is better until ur way to kuching…conclusion…from miri-bintulu-sibu-betong…the road sucks…so most important thing is becarefull…make sure inform ur friend/family where u are once u reach each city,town etc…

huhu… luckily i’m using a celcom num… thanks anyway…

this work for me in combating fatigue

but nevertheless, usually, tiredness is not much an issue for me, while for others, bringing enough $ would solve. my main concern would be safety especially in unfamiliar places. regardless of whether u start in morning or not, the length of journey means u’d have to go overnight somewhere.

i dunno abt miri to kuching, but i think its pretty safe? u wanna go a bit further into kalimantan? :mrgreen:

-don’t drive at night
-buy snack
-buy coffee, livita, redbull (which u like)
-keep talking with person besides u (if have)
-enjoy!!

[quote=“syndicate04”]-don’t drive at night
-buy snack
-buy coffee, livita, redbull (which u like)
-keep talking with person besides u (if have)
-enjoy!![/quote]

wow… nice tips yaa… cool… but unfortunately i driving alone… huhu…
anyway, thanks for ur tips dude… it helps alot…

hi

based on UNSER petrol capacity, we started our journey on a FULL tank from Miri till Sungai Jakap (after Sarikei - Shell station) refuelling & lunch. Breakfast was in Bintulu. If u are unsure, refuel in Salagau. From Sungai Jakap its all the way to the next Petronas station a few km before Sri Aman junction, refuel & continue journey. Stretch yr leg at the junction of sri aman. That stretch all the way to Serian is SPEED TRAP area…so be warned. U will be issue summon when u reach a police station just before entering into Serian. All the refuelling enable u to bypass Sibu, Sarikei, Sri Aman towns…so that u can arrive into kuching early. REDBULL & chocolates & mints to keep u awAKE… HAVE FUN & safe journey. Tendency to doze off during afternoons & esp after lunch…

[quote=“mevotex”]if im not mistaken its a straight highway?

1.) bring GPS

3.) bring $$$$ and $$$$

always work![/quote]

or tonfa baton would be enuff…

and also, water.

do not eat too full.happen once to me when i drove from sarikei to kanowit last dec the road was damn nice i doze off for few seconds.also bring any passenger that talks a lot.that will surely help :slight_smile:

hmm… pity me coz no 1 wants to follow me… all my friends prefer using flights… i love travelling, tats why i prefer to drive…

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“mevotex”]if im not mistaken its a straight highway?

1.) bring GPS

3.) bring $$$$ and $$$$

always work![/quote]

or tonfa baton would be enuff…

and also, water.[/quote]

btw, how effective is GPS in swak highways?