HBO '300' now banned?!

can anyone verify why after advertising for the last four weeks,
HBO Malaysia has now removed the historical drama/movie 300 off the previously advertised schedules?

movie documents the 300 Spartans defeat of the Persian Army’s 250,000 men led by Xerxes.
possibly the Board of Film Censors koff beleive it to be historically inaccurate?
or possibly Holywood’s Good v. Evil / East v. West undertones, may have unsettled a few squeamish stomachs?

sadly only Malaysia & Pakistan with alternate viewing, reshowing last week’s movie.
20 other nations in the Asia encatchment area, inclusive of Indonesia,
are quite happy & confident enough in them-selves, to allow this movie to be shown…

or maybe because it is constantly showing half naked guys that screams all the time?hehe…they dont want kids in malaysia turn up on the streets with the spartan costume.
but it’s really historically inaccurate though.

All the more reason to support movie piracy.

[quote=“basikal”]or maybe because it is constantly showing half naked guys that screams all the time?hehe…they dont want kids in malaysia turn up on the streets with the spartan costume.
but it’s really historically inaccurate though.[/quote]

t.v. announcement…
“the movie ‘300’ has been withdrawn in compliance of local regulations. we apologise for any inconvenience caused.”

is this the same ‘local regulations’ that think… oops, course they don’t.

historically inaccurate would be the Brontosauras Rex being used as a forward attack deployment vehicle?!

[quote=“dougie”]
historically inaccurate would be the Brontosauras Rex being used as a forward attack deployment vehicle?![/quote]
:lol:

Probably because only the Almighty can decide whether you dine in heaven or hell.

Maybe the Spartans preferred to dine in Hell, having heard about the Almighty’s kitchen…

a petition had been handed to Him, as All the ppl were quite simply, fed up (excuse d pun) which read…

“Dear God, why is it we must have, everyday for dinner, tuna fish sandwiches?”
to which He replied
"well, i didn’t think it was quite worth cooking, for only the three of you…

puteri gunung ledang should b banned too…

some mistake/ inaccurate historical facts…

Sad fact:

1. History will always be historically inaccurate, and 99% missing.
  2. Some people will not think of themselves always as Malaysians and associate themselves with elsewhere.

would easily agree with first point, but not on the 99% missing.
Historian at that time was Herodotus who is credited with writing 7 books,
covering this period of 490 to 480BC. Ancient manuscripts have also been found with similar versions.

easy to agree that interpretation may be somewhat muddled, but clearly points to a great battle being fought.
300 against a million, clearly not so, but with the accounts of storms hitting the Persians,
& then being forced to fight in a very narrow pass, is creditable therefore that before the 300 died, they were able to give the city of Sparta some desperately needed time.
10 years earlier & we had the ‘Battle of Marathon’ with the now famous marathon run commemerating this.
i suspect a bit more than just 1% accurate, due the numerous accounts?

what may be more accurately described as [b]‘historically inaccurate’ [b]is the subsequent Persian/Iranian
removal of all references to these battles from their text books.
they still apply this deleting of history in this present day with reference to the Holocaust in Germany.
They deny it ever happpened, on account of their conflicting beleifs.
is surely a greater traversty of historical inaccuracy?

would easily agree with first point, but not on the 99% missing.
Historian at that time was Herodotus who is credited with writing 7 books,
covering this period of 490 to 480BC. Ancient manuscripts have also been found with similar versions.
…{snip!}…Holocaust in Germany.
They deny it ever happpened, on account of their conflicting beleifs.
is surely a greater traversty of historical inaccuracy?[/quote]

Agree with you, generally, history can’t be denied.

Man : “OMG!! You’re on fire!”
Person on fire: "What fire? I don’t see any fire? " drops dead.

In this case, the fire occurred and the man is history. Evidence? The man is dead and crispy. So history is accurate. However, we can’t possibly be sure that he dying man said those words, and that the above conversation is the result of a crazy man dreaming up extra things to fill up this ‘historical’ record. Fast forward 100 years, and we will never really know whether the conversation actually took place even though this has been record and is the ‘accepted’ form of that particular history.

…as for ‘300’. Don’t know - never actually watched TV much. :wink:

sadly Hollywood/Bollywood are our only sources of mass reference! :mrgreen:

No worries dougie, can pass u my 300 dvd anytime…

many thanks syirah08.
i can maybe make a copy & keep it with my other Walt Disney classic of that era…
Alexander The Great.
:mrgreen:

ban this ban that… sigh…

i’ll rather watch pirated or original DVD from the US rather than watching local DVD or movie which is sensored.

Weird, the way of banning a movie after being advertised for four weeks…