Has been wondering 'bout 3DS asian system

Just a question, I hope this is the right place to ask lol if not I’ll remove this thread immediately.

Anyway, I was wandering around playasia then i notice the 3DS games wrote for ‘japan/asian system’ only, so it got me wondering if Asia region 3DS works for japanese games since I only found asia region selling in Miri O3O

Some Japanese title might be region locked. It really depends on the game publisher. So if you have Malaysian/Singapore system, go for Asian. Don’t pick “only for Japan region” or else you’re screwed.

A friend of mine has a Japanese 3DS and I tried his DOA:Dimensions game on my system to see if it would work and it didn’t.
His DOA: Dimensions was Japan/Asian region bought from PlayAsia and my 3DS was the Singapore/Malaysia version bought in Miri.

[quote=“The Extreme”]A friend of mine has a Japanese 3DS and I tried his DOA:Dimensions game on my system to see if it would work and it didn’t.
His DOA: Dimensions was Japan/Asian region bought from PlayAsia and my 3DS was the Singapore/Malaysia version bought in Miri.[/quote]

http://www.play-asia.com/Dead_Alive_Dim … -43u0.html

It looks like Japan only. Really sure the DOA cartridge box has Japan/Asian region mentioned?

ooh i see, thanks for the info 8D

Well…whatman, Nitendo 3ds and psp vita…which 1 u choose if the price for both unit is not big different? Whats the diff between those 2?

I tried 3DS before but didn’t think much about it. Nintendo 3DS biggest issue is the battery life which I read is somewhere around 3-4 hours. Not really good for portable gaming if you asked me.

As for PS Vita, I can’t decide until I try it so cannot comment.

yea, true, the battery life does lasted for 3-4 hours when the 3D setting’s turned on, but it’ll still last longer with the 3D settings off, that’s what I heard from my senior who had 3DS XD but it’s still short-lifed compared to other Nintendo DS.

The short battery life doesn’t bother me since I don’t play non-stop. And when my battery does run out, I just switch to my good old PSP. :wink:

[quote=“whatman”]I tried 3DS before but didn’t think much about it. Nintendo 3DS biggest issue is the battery life which I read is somewhere around 3-4 hours. Not really good for portable gaming if you asked me.

As for PS Vita, I can’t decide until I try it so cannot comment.[/quote]
ic… Well, sine u deep into those gadget, i would like to know ur opinion.
I know both console was new and great feature. What about game? 3ds game vs vita game… Both got AR game, but 1 with 3d, another with almost hd. What do u think? B4 this, ds game would be a bit cute game, colourfull… But psp was try to more realistic.

[quote=“SKL”]
ic… Well, sine u deep into those gadget, i would like to know ur opinion.
I know both console was new and great feature. What about game? 3ds game vs vita game… Both got AR game, but 1 with 3d, another with almost hd. What do u think? B4 this, ds game would be a bit cute game, colourfull… But psp was try to more realistic.[/quote]

If you know how Sony handle its games, then you know the type of game that will likely to come on PS Vita (Metal Gear, Uncharted, etc). I would pick PS Vita simply because of its games that suits my taste.

I’m not a big fan of Nintendo games as I prefer story driven games, so Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong will not likely to sway me to pick up a 3DS (I own a Nintendo DS and I hardly touch it nowadays).

The PS Vita showed better use of AR than 3DS. Where 3DS relies on marker cards, the PS Vita can do AR without the use of such marker cards. It might use the cards at some point but it does AR better as shown in this demo video:

Also, the camera on the 3DS sucks (low megapixel) which is quite a shame because its able to take 3D pics with great result.

thats the point, u hit it. Then i will need to test the console. I was prefer psvita from early, just curious if 3ds will put in some realistic game rather then cartoonize game. Coz there are now doa, metal gear solid, residentevil for 3ds, so i asume that they start to do some improvement for future…

I heard ps vita can use sim card, but 3ds can’t…

You are half right. There will be two models of Vita:

Wi-Fi Model: 24,980 Yen (including tax), $249 and euro 249

3G/Wi-Fi Model: 29,980 Yen (including tax), $299 and euro 299

Well well…now Vita was a ahead in my mind…