Getting Payment from Adsense

Adsense has recently allowed payment via Western Union. Has anyone here in this forum ever used that facility before?

Nope… mind to explain more???

not yet…

wait till i get $100 for my adsense lol

Mine almost 100. Not sure which method of payment should i use.

I plan to use the WU method, but I’m holding my payments for it to accumulate at the moment.

What are charges for WU mode of payment?

Not sure, but I’m told it would be preferable than a check which you have to wait for 2+ weeks (3 maybe given how banks are). I’ve gotten the checks before and its slooow.

WU charges are probably around the same as with a check but please don’t take my word for it. I’m also told you don’t need an account to dump the amount into, so you can just collect the payment at any bank.

so you can just collect the payment at any bank.

I meant at any bank with WU…

Yup, now we can withdraw AdSense cheque with Western Union. You don’t have to bear the cost becos Google will :wink:
I blogged about it the other day - > http://www.miriguy.com/2007/10/11/now-w … ern-union/

Well, it took around 2 weeks for me to get the cheque from TLA, and another 5 weeks for Maybank to clear the cheque. The charges are ridiculous. My USD $50 became a net of RM100 plus.

As I know, you can only collect Western Union funds from authorised agent, namely RHB Bank and CIMB Bank. To collect the funds you need your IC, the Fund receive number, and also Google’s address. And you have to make sure that your name in IC is exactly the same as in the payment payee name. Google have the tendency of putting surname behind, so just make sure you email google for them to change your name to be exactly like your IC. If i’m not mistaken, there will be no additional charges, and you will get the exact amount that you earned.

Geez… Geminigeek, I think you should have get your TLA payout using Paypal.

Guys… I moved this topic to the Money section…

[size=75]Somehow my brain was telling me this should be there…Money matters…[/size]

There’s no fees in getting adsense on WU. They provide you the WU details in your payment history the day after your “payment date”, you’ll get your WU code… just provide that to any WU agent in Miri and receive your adsense in cash :slight_smile:

[quote=“GeminiGeek”]Well, it took around 2 weeks for me to get the cheque from TLA, and another 5 weeks for Maybank to clear the cheque. The charges are ridiculous. My USD $50 became a net of RM100 plus.

As I know, you can only collect Western Union funds from authorised agent, namely RHB Bank and CIMB Bank. To collect the funds you need your IC, the Fund receive number, and also Google’s address. And you have to make sure that your name in IC is exactly the same as in the payment payee name. Google have the tendency of putting surname behind, so just make sure you email google for them to change your name to be exactly like your IC. If i’m not mistaken, there will be no additional charges, and you will get the exact amount that you earned.[/quote]
I had a problem with the cheque too. Suddenly got it out of the blue. By the time I had to withdraw it, I had to pay charges and all, finally i juz decided not to cash it. juz leave it to burn. too leceh

now i just accept all online payments in paypal. very happy :smiley:

Good to hear that. I’m expecting them to pay me anytime.

[quote=“coconutice”][quote=“GeminiGeek”]Well, it took around 2 weeks for me to get the cheque from TLA, and another 5 weeks for Maybank to clear the cheque. The charges are ridiculous. My USD $50 became a net of RM100 plus.

As I know, you can only collect Western Union funds from authorised agent, namely RHB Bank and CIMB Bank. To collect the funds you need your IC, the Fund receive number, and also Google’s address. And you have to make sure that your name in IC is exactly the same as in the payment payee name. Google have the tendency of putting surname behind, so just make sure you email google for them to change your name to be exactly like your IC. If i’m not mistaken, there will be no additional charges, and you will get the exact amount that you earned.[/quote]
I had a problem with the cheque too. Suddenly got it out of the blue. By the time I had to withdraw it, I had to pay charges and all, finally i juz decided not to cash it. juz leave it to burn. too leceh

now i just accept all online payments in paypal. very happy :D[/quote]

Paypal has a limit of $500 every withdrawal and $5 charge per withdrawal… not worth it, IMHO. I’d prefer moneybooker (cheap wire transfer charge) or epassporte (handy debit card)… but bank wire transfers are definitely still the best heh.