Gas cylinder explodes inside terrace house, injures two teens

MIRI: A gas cylinder exploded inside a terrace house in a housing estate in Miri, seriously injuring a 15-year old girl and her 18-year old brother.

The incident at the Desa Senadin housing estate at about 7pm on May 15 was caused by a leakage of the cylinder, said Miri Fire and Rescue Department chief Supt Law Poh Kiong.

The two youths were rushed to the Miri Hospital and they suffered burns to at least half of their bodies, he said.

The explosion also damaged the house and a neighbour’s house.

Bomba Miri received an alert on the case and deployed a team to the site and found that members of the neighbourhood were already helping the injured youths.

The duo, who are students, have been hospitalised in the intensive care unit.

Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/05/16/gas-cylinder-explodes-inside-terrace-house-injures-two-teens/