Fund Raising Dinner - 16th July 2011- Mental Health Assoc

Dear friends of Miri,

http://www.mhas.org.my/mhaslogo.jpg Over the years , the Mental Health Association in Miri has been very fortunate in receiving generous support from various volunteers, individuals and corporate bodies. In order to continue our services, however, we need your continued support. Hence, we are organising a fund raising dinner on Saturday, 16th July 2011 at the Imperial Hotel, Miri. To add zest to the occasion, various cultural shows will be staged during the dinner. It is promising to be more than just a feast for the palate!

So dont miss this opportunity to help the less fortunates in Miri while at the at same time getting to witness some of the best shows!

Tickets are available at RM65/= per person from our Counselling Centre (Government Quarter No 13, Tanjong Lobang, Jalan Bakam, Miri) during office hours. Please call 085-415199 before coming. Alternatively, you may also request via email mhas.miri@gmail.com or through one of our roaming volunteers/Volunteers-at-large.

As for me, you must know that I shouldnt precisely have chosen madness if there had been any choice
Vincent Van Gogh, 1889, in a letter from an asylum to his brother

About the Mental Health Association of Sarawak, Miri Branch.
Formed in Kuching in July 1968 by a group of mental health professionals and community leaders under the Societies Act 1966 aimed at promoting mental health services and enhancing community quality of life. The Miri branch was formed in 1999. It is a non profit charitable, voluntary organisation funded through small government grants and public (tax exempt) donations.
The Miri Branch has been providing :
(i) free & confidential counselling services (Email: miricounselling@gmail.com) to those in mental distress
(ii) support for friends & relatives of the mentally ills through it Family Link Programme with its 8-session evidence based workshop for friends and families (Email: mhas.miri@gmail.com).
(iii) Daycare rehab services to patients recovering from mental illnesses (Email: mhas.miri@gmail.com).

It also acts as an advocate for the mentally ills and works to de-stigmatise and spread the truths about the illness.