FRICO Cheats Visitors

Today, 1st January…

At Bintang Mega Mall… I was not present…
My sis and mom went shopping there… and the FRICO promoter drag my mom and sis to sit and try to influence my mom to buy their stuff…
And then they gave a free gift like other promotion stuff are… its a bottle… a sauce bottle…
Inside there was a coupon… Free Microwave Oven worth RM3199.00

Wow, :shock: .
My mom and sister were so happy at looking at that…
Then they want to claim la… but then… the promoter just now, seeing the free gift worth RM3199.00… refuse to give it…
They call the boss… so my sis verify the coupon code… and he said…

[size=150]“Yes, it is a valid code, you can come to my office to redeem the price”[/size]

then the phone was passed back to his worker… then the worker tell my mom and sis…

[size=150]“You must buy this stuff(what they promote there) then you get this free gift”[/size]

WTF!
But the coupon did not stated “Special offer with purchase” or “Free gift with purchase” like boulevard always make.

and then the worker said… [size=150]if it was a cheap rice cooker, we may give it to you, but this one is too expensive to give away just like that…[/size]

then as my mom feel being fooled around she walk away, and then the worker said…

“If you don’t want this free gift, we give to other ppl ooo”

Then my mom said… “Give la”

What a wasting time and wasting luck my sis and my mom…

I just pity my mom so disappointed… haiz… playing with people feeling is the WORST THING to do…
My mom feel being fool around…

Foul players… :evil:

Just sharing…

encountered this scam tactic 4 years ago, at boulevard there.

never knew it’s still being used till now.

[quote=“vertigo”]encountered this scam tactic 4 years ago, at boulevard there.

never knew it’s still being used till now.[/quote]

Who were they?
Don’t hesitate to reveal scammers like this… :evil:

is this the shop at bintang new wing,almost top floor there?
right in front of the escalator going down right??

I think you are refering AOWA… This one is FRICO…

not sure, but as soon as coming out from the boulevard supermarket, some guys asking for my receipt and said to me to go to top floor (a redeem shop) because they said i was eligible for a free gift. the rest, happened exactly like you foretold your story - i ended up nearly had a fight with those guys (i was very hot-tempered back then :P) asking me to participate in a lucky draw programme conducted in a their laptop, (a macromedia flash player programme - upon looking at it i already knew this was a scam) and after clicking here and there, the draw showed i won a set of those induction cooking thingy (4 years ago these induction cooker costs a lot) but they insist i have to buy another massage chair which would costs me somewhere RM7K++ to get the prize.

and that wasn’t only me, quite a number of ppl who came out from boulevard shopping supermarket at that time also fell for this scam.

i don’t think it’s aowa…the redeem shop was somewhere on the top floor - somewhere beside the place where there are carpet selling…not on the 2nd floor aowa shop…

[quote=“vertigo”]not sure, but as soon as coming out from the boulevard supermarket, some guys asking for my receipt and said to me to go to top floor (a redeem shop) because they said i was eligible for a free gift. the rest, happened exactly like you foretold your story - i ended up nearly had a fight with those guys (i was very hot-tempered back then :P) asking me to participate in a lucky draw programme conducted in a their laptop, (a macromedia flash player programme - upon looking at it i already knew this was a scam) and after clicking here and there, the draw showed i won a set of those induction cooking thingy (4 years ago these induction cooker costs a lot) but they insist i have to buy another massage chair which would costs me somewhere RM7K++ to get the prize.

and that wasn’t only me, quite a number of ppl who came out from boulevard shopping supermarket at that time also fell for this scam.[/quote]

OMG, they also sell thos induction cooker… I mean this FRICO…

The scam which involved my mom and my sis took place at Bintang Mega Mall today…
I think they were only on promotion booth or kiosk…

This happen to me at M square about 4-5 years ago.

AOWA promoter give me a free gift cupon which is a table lamp. When I claim the gift, another promoter is promoting their product and I’m not interested because too expensive. After waiting for about 10 - 15 minutes, they finally handover the gift to me. When I opened the gift at home, it was a broken table lamp. I bring back and request for replacement. They refuse to replace.

Without further argument, I make a report to “Kementerian Perdagangan & Hal Ehwal Pengguna” & within a week I get the replacement.

AOWA now moved to Boulevard & I still see their promoter doing the same.

This trick been using very long d…
Last few years when Aowa just open their shop at Imperial they oso do it like this way…
They even call 2 every house 2 try their luck,
Who noe some1 mayb believe them & go visit them at shop ma…
I ans the call when they call 2 my house phone no.
I just say “ya kah ya kah ya kah” then ask he 2 explain…
When he explaining,I just shut off the phone…
Wahaha feel so shuang… :lol:

[quote=“Natashaaa”]This happen to me at M square about 4-5 years ago.

AOWA promoter give me a free gift cupon which is a table lamp. When I claim the gift, another promoter is promoting their product and I’m not interested because too expensive. After waiting for about 10 - 15 minutes, they finally handover the gift to me. When I opened the gift at home, it was a broken table lamp. I bring back and request for replacement. They refuse to replace.

Without further argument, I make a report to “Kementerian Perdagangan & Hal Ehwal Pengguna” & within a week I get the replacement.

AOWA now moved to Boulevard & I still see their promoter doing the same.[/quote]

Oh, where and how to report here in Miri?

[quote=“DK Sparco”]This trick been using very long d…
Last few years when Aowa just open their shop at Imperial they oso do it like this way…
They even call 2 every house 2 try their luck,
Who noe some1 mayb believe them & go visit them at shop ma…
I ans the call when they call 2 my house phone no.
I just say “ya kah ya kah ya kah” then ask he 2 explain…
When he explaining,I just shut off the phone…
Wahaha feel so shuang… :lol:[/quote]

Haha… nice trick…

The old scam is back. We really need to make this topic active as possible to get more people aware about their trickery.

I agree with you whatman…
Should make people aware…
This marketing strategy is SCAM! :evil:

i wondered have anyone complain them.
my family never believe these kind of things.
SCAMMERS…

frico and aowa basically has the same tactic…frico is still new…aowa last time also start up with a booth…

yes it happened to me at AOWA… so fake acting by the promoters

Kementerian Perdagangan & Hal Ehwal Pengguna is located at Wisma Yulan. Just make a complain at their office.

Their website: http://www.kpdnhep.gov.my/

imperial mall just beside the ground floor escalator also frico?

basically, if someone offers you something for free, you will know it’s a scam for sure if in the end they ask you to pay for it or at least ask you to pay for other things first to get it.

and you have the right to violently politely decline the offer if both parties are not satisfy with the deal. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“wgn_white”]

I just pity my mom so disappointed… haiz… playing with people feeling is the WORST THING to do…
My mom feel being fool around…

Foul players… :evil:

Just sharing…[/quote]

wgn_white… I can understand your feeling and if this happen to my parent, I will surely get mad too. But one thing we have to keep in mind, it is not the salesperson that we need to go after… it is the company that setup this kind of tactic that we need to go after… the salesperson is just carrying out thier job and trying to make a living.

So better report to Kementerian Perdagangan & Hal Ehwal Pengguna and see what can be done.