Former Selangor MB Dr Khir Toyo Palatial Mansion

Via Malaysia Insider

DAPs Ng See Lim today revealed documents which allegedly confirms allegations which first surfaced over the Internet months ago that Dr Khir owns the mansion on Jalan Suasa 7/1L in Shah Alam.

The Sekinchan assemblyman said the resort-like home of the former mentri besar had been built on two plots of land measuring over 50,000 sq ft or 1.17acres.

In comparison, Istana Zakaria which brought about the political downfall of the infamous Port Klang assemblyman had 16 bedrooms, 21 bathrooms and built on 43,000 sq feet of land in Kampung Idaman, Klang.

Ng, who produced documents from the State Land Department, said Dr Khir had purchased one lot measuring of 31,794 sq feet for RM2.9 million while another lot measuring 20,427 sq feet was purchased for RM900,000.

He further alleges that the mansion, which sits behind high walls, was built at a further cost of RM20 million.

Speaking to reporters later, Dr Khir said he had bought the home for only RM3.5 million with a loan from HSBC.

I have nothing to hide. Everything is above board, he said.

Earlier, Ng had taken reporters to visit the house and alleged that Dr Khir could not have been able to afford the house on his income as a mentri besar.

The house was built according to Balinese architecture with furniture from Bail, and it also has a pool.

I would like Dr Mohd Khir, who was a dentist before becoming mentri besar for eight years, to explain how he accumulated so much wealth that he could afford to build the house that cost at least RM24 million.

Based on the public income declaration of Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, Ng worked out that Dr Khirs income to be no more than RM48,000 a month while he was mentri besar.

This would come to RM576,000 a year or RM4.6 million while he was mentri besar between August 2000 and March 2008. As mentri besar, Dr Khir would have been barred from engaging in business.

Ng said the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) must act and investigate how Dr Khir could afford the house.

He said the MACC could obtain all the necessary documents from the land office and did not have to interview him or wait for a report to be lodged.

According to documents given to the press, Dr Khir and his wife Datin Seri Zahrah Kechik had obtained the land from Ditamas Sdn Bhd in 2007 while construction of the house was completed some time this year.

wahhh…mok ngalah maikel jeksen ka nya tok? :shock:

THE STAR 07.07.2009.

[size=150]Khir Toyo in bungalow row[/size]By WANI MUTHIAH

SHAH ALAM: Former Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo is again embroiled in controversy, this time over his sprawling bungalow in Section 7 near here.

The still empty bungalow which was estimated to cost RM24mil, was said to have been built on two bungalow lots.

It was claimed that Dr Mohd Khir had bought the lots for RM2.9mil and RM900,000 respectively before building his bungalow.

He was also alleged to have spent about RM20mil on fixtures as well as furniture imported from Bali.

The issue on Dr Mohd Khirs bungalow first surfaced in a blog during the run-up to the Umno election early this year.

The blog also carried aerial photographs of the bungalow.

Yesterday, Sekinchan assemblyman Ng Suee Lim accompanied members of the media to view the bungalow from up close.

He also raised questions on

how Dr Mohd Khir had financed

its construction.

From a small hill behind the bungalow, several other smaller buildings could be seen around the bungalow which was surrounded by a beautifully manicured lawn.

The whole area is protected by a very high wall, part of which seems to made of broken marble.

The front gate is massive, and of ornately carved steel while the side entrance of the gate is a carved wooden door.

Ng claimed the bungalow has a swimming pool and a playground, although they could not be seen from the hill.

Ng questioned how Dr Mohd Khir could afford to build such a huge bungalow on his Mentri Besars salary.

Urging the Malaysian Anti-Corrup-tion Commission to investigate the matter, Ng also questioned how Dr Mohd Khir could have purchased the second bungalow plot for only RM900,000 when its market price was much higher.

He was only a dentist and had even lived in a rented house in Sekinchan before becoming an assemblyman. How could he have amassed so much money to buy this property? he asked.

Ng also passed to reporters copies of land search documentation, which he claimed confirmed that Dr Mohd Khir and his wife Datin Seri Zaharah Kechik were the owners of the land where the bungalow was built.

This is the latest controversy that Dr Mohd Khir had to contend with since the last general election when Barisan Nasional lost Selangor to Pakatan Rakyat.

In March he was summoned before the Select Committee on Competence, Accountability and Transparency (Selcat) regarding the disbursement of state agency funds to Balkis the Wives of Selangor Assemblymen and MPs Welfare and Charity Organisation when he was the Mentri Besar.

In May, he was suspended for a year from the state assembly without privileges for his refusal to appear before the committee.

Wow, the bungalow is perfectly hidden from the outside.
I think he planned to move in after the 8th Mar 08 election which he loses… thats why the house still vacant.
Former MB who wanted to live like a King :twisted:

These people are so damn corrupt and nothing really have been done so far… people with common sense will definitely questioning where he will get the money for the house… the mere RM3.5M loan from HSBC is for show purpose only to cover the people’s eye.

[size=150]Back to local (Miri) scene… ever wondering how certain local politicians (YB) really get the money to built their big bungalow at Tanjong Lobang???[/size]

When u talk about this guy…i think most people in Selangor know where he get the $ to afford to buy the bungalow.You can see the bungalow expressing the citizen $ which is unofficially to be invest for his own good and benefit.I heard to many stories of this guy from the people of selangor.There’s one time i go and fixed my car somewhere in the Kuala Selangor,and while waiting my car to be fixed,i have a short conversation with somebody.He’s into politic and he telling me stories about Khir Toyo.He say had many land,as well as other property which is he put under his wife,kids and relative name.Even the BPR shut their mouth not to invistigate him.dont know how true the story is,but i believe.

This are very common among all the politicians… the difference is the extent of the corruption… big, medium or small. :mrgreen:
Even most of them run their own business but registered under others (relatives) names.

yup…he,his family and relatives get the benefit while citizen get nothing.Its not fair at all.

well, welcome to m’sia… :mrgreen:

i do hope that we have this newspaper like the london sun or the london telegraph…

exposing to the public what mr. has been up to with the taxpayers money…