Food that causes wound infection? Help!

Are there any food that causes your wound to get an infection or leave scars?
I was told not to eat eggs and seafood but I will be attending to a party tomorrow and I had 6 stitches just 3 days ago.
Will any infection happens?
Based on your own experience, mind to tell me if this is just a myth?
I thought infection only occurs when bacteria colonize the wound.

is that when you fell off the mountain bike?

it should not be a problem as long as food does not get into the cut
make sure to eat plenty of vitamin C

[quote=“parut”]is that when you fell off the mountain bike?

make sure to eat plenty of vitamin C[/quote]

And how do you know I fell off my mountain bike O_O

[quote=“Ransu”][quote=“parut”]is that when you fell off the mountain bike?

And how do you know I fell off my mountain bike O_O[/quote]

wakaka…nice photo in the suit by the way
how was the prom night?

he knows what you did last summer Ransu http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/rclxs0.gif

[quote=“parut”][quote=“Ransu”][quote=“parut”]is that when you fell off the mountain bike?

And how do you know I fell off my mountain bike O_O[/quote]

wakaka…nice photo in the suit by the way
how was the prom night?[/quote]

Who are you stalk my FB ‘’=.=
Missed the prob.
Profile pic was during seniors night. xD

wooo ransu!! being stalk :lol:

Must be some random MMBC member on FB xD

I heard that you should avoid beef too… So i guess that adds to your list of banned food… until the would is closed… ^^

[quote=“Ransu”]Are there any food that causes your wound to get an infection or leave scars?
I was told not to eat eggs and seafood but I will be attending to a party tomorrow and I had 6 stitches just 3 days ago.
I thought infection only occurs when bacteria colonize the wound.[/quote]

I say its a myth, based on my experience i had the most worst scar a mountain biker could imagine. I got a fist size cut(twice the length of index finger) with mouth size opening on my knee cap which i can see my pink/white colored bone through my flesh. I bust my knee try to leap over the concrete monsoon drain. But no pain because the nerve was cut-off. It happened during rainy day covered by thick muds so you can imagine how much bacteria and insect gone in there. I cycle 40KM with my open wound towards home…yukkk… imagine whole blood spill through the trails. Hours later pour one small bottle of Dettol anticeptic down inside my open knee cap. Then i selotape (yes huge SELOPTAPE) few rounds around me knee to cover or reattached back my skins hope the inner goo will stick back the whole thing like super glue. I didn’t go to the clinic nor hospital to stick back my flesh because i had problem fear of needle stitches. Only on 3rd day yellow puss came out and i went to university clinic to get a bottle antiseptic ointment to ease the pain and kill excess bacteria. But throughout those period i still eat rich food, eggs, BBQ burger, friend chicken, fruits, ice cream and etc. The huge size wound heal and closed only 3 weeks. But the scar remains for 3 years.

So my point is your healing process depends level of your body metabolism. The more active you are the higher your healing rate. All you have to do is eat more food and dont move around too much where your wound are. Eat more food so there enough energy for your antibody and cell to repair damaged tissue. Eat more fruits help too.

*Lucky i didn’t get sticthed else i got a permanent scar,lol :lol: Thanks to SELOPTAPE. :lol:

[quote=“allokitty”][quote=“Ransu”]Are there any food that causes your wound to get an infection or leave scars?
I thought infection only occurs when bacteria colonize the wound.[/quote]

I say its a myth, based on my experience i had the most worst scar a mountain biker could imagine. I got a fist size cut(twice the length of index finger) with mouth size opening on my knee cap which i can see my pink/white colored bone through my flesh. I bust my knee try to leap over the concrete monsoon drain. But no pain because the nerve was cut-off. It happened during rainy day covered by thick muds so you can imagine how much bacteria and insect gone in there. I cycle 40KM with my open wound towards home…yukkk… imagine whole blood spill through the trails. Hours later pour one small bottle of Dettol anticeptic down inside my open knee cap. Then i selotape (yes huge SELOPTAPE) few rounds around me knee to cover or reattached back my skins hope the inner goo will stick back the whole thing like super glue. I didn’t go to the clinic nor hospital to stick back my flesh because i had problem fear of needle stitches. Only on 3rd day yellow puss came out and i went to university clinic to get a bottle antiseptic ointment to ease the pain and kill excess bacteria. But throughout those period i still eat rich food, eggs, BBQ burger, friend chicken, fruits, ice cream and etc.

So my point is your healing process depends level of your body metabolism. The more active you are the higher your healing rate. All you have to do is eat more food and dont move around too much where your wound are. Eat more food so there enough energy for your antibody and cell to repair damaged tissue. Eat more fruits help too.

*Lucky i didn’t get sticthed else i got a permanent scar,lol :lol: Thanks to SELOPTAPE. :lol:[/quote]
FFFFUUU!!! i regret reading that… but what happened to the wound now? if you use cellotape, wont the skin/flesh be ‘plucked/sticked’ out by the cellotape when you remove it?

The wound is wet so it won’t stick. Usually normal cellotape like the transparent one won’t stick much flesh wound so its safe. But when its try up better use cotton wound then cellotape it back again.

Yuck…
I rather stitch it up than cellotape :S

Next time when you ride use “full” protection.

here is a start…prevention is better than cure

http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/images/met_parachute_mountain_bike_helmet.jpg

https://www.kbcyclewerks.com/store/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/troy_lee_mtb_shorts_2_final.jpg

http://www.bike24.net/images/products/p026633.jpg

Seriously. O_O

don’t worry… eggs can be eaten…=)

try to buy toman fish and eat, it will make the wound heal faster without leaving scar… but the fish is expensive, unless u go fish it urself…

u can ask some of the pro fisherman in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31743

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ate everything I could eat.
Lets see what happens next =P