FAX and AirAsia in code-sharing partnership

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/2/nation/15890947&sec=nation

Thursday November 2, 2006

FAX and AirAsia in code-sharing partnership

KUCHING: Fly Asian Xpress (FAX) will implement code-sharing with budget carrier AirAsia this month.

FAX marketing manager Kaarthik Velu said the move would enable passengers to make bookings directly with AirAsia and subsequently with other airlines.

The code-sharing with AirAsia will enable passengers to enjoy seamless connectivity while tapping into AirAsias growing network, he added in a press statement.

Kaarthik said FAX would collaborate with Galileo International, a leading global distribution system (GDS) provider, to enable agents to have access to its full range of fares.

FAX, he added, was also negotiating with several other GDS providers popular in Europe and Asia for a tie-up by next month.

The airline, which took over rural air services in Sarawak in August, said it was committed to providing inter-state and intra-state flight connectivity within Sabah and Sarawak to help realise tourism potentials in the two states.

FAX also introduced yesterday a fixed fare excluding service fees of RM84 from Miri to Mulu and RM179 from Kota Kinabalu to Mulu.

It has also introduced concession fares for senior citizens and children.

I am always mistaken that FAX is a subsidiary of Airasia, with they are using the same low-price tactics in the newpapers. Anyway, I am clear now.

By the way, RM 84 from Miri to Mulu? Walao! :shock: