Extreme tactics to get Miri voters’ attention

Wednesday February 27, 2008

Extreme tactics to get Miri voters attention

MIRI: Sarawak DAP deputy secretary-general Fong Pau Teck is resorting to extreme measures to draw public attention to the partys cause.

The 39-year-old candidate for the Miri parliamentary seat has taken to standing in the middle of highway road dividers, junctions, traffic lights and roundabouts during rush hour, waving the partys flags and placards, a move Miri traffic police have described as not very wise.

Fong said he learned this extreme style of political campaigning from Taiwan where he studied economics from 1989 to 1999.

Taiwanese politicians use these daring styles and were very effective in getting mass attention, he said when interviewed at a road divider along the Miri-Brunei highway, as cars, buses, lorries and motorcycles zoomed by.

Fong is challenging Miri incumbent MP Datuk Peter Chin Fah Kui from Barisans component Sarawak United Peoples Party (SUPP) in a straight fight.

Accompanied by his assistants, who carry posters and signboards describing the problems in Miri that DAP wants to correct, Fong greeted and called out to passing drivers, Good morning uncle, aunty, please vote for DAP. Please come to our ceramah. Please help us change society.

Asked if it was worth risking life and limb for politics, Fong said that in order to fight for what you know is right, you must draw attention to your cause.

Miri police chief Asst Comm Jamaluddin Ibrahim warned Fong to be careful.

I know this is musim politik, but it is not wise to risk your life like that. If he is causing danger to public safety, then it is against the law and police can act against him, he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.as … sec=nation

Enclosed with a photo to compliment the story.

http://www.alexallied.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/waving-at-traffic.jpg
Click for detailed report on my blog.

tis wut we call “mesra rakyat”

clearly a traffic obstraction thus infraction of the traffic rules. If a politician (law maker and law implementor ) does know how to respect the law, how can you expect the ordinary citizen to abide by it? I think there is no moratorium on when shall the law only take effect or if there is as such, certainly not during the election time.

expect more spectacular things to happen during the election period, :lol: :lol: :lol: mud slingings, promises e.g. heaven will fall by mere simple prayer when get elected etc:lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks

I’m not opposing the opposition or anything but such tactic really can distract you from driving especially when the one waving to you is a politician.

Then again with our heavily pro-BN biased mainstream media sometime one have no choice and I feel sorry to see he had to resort doing this in order to get attention of the public.

Maybe someone can introduce him to miricommunity.net as another alternative to promote his cause?

clearly a traffic obstraction thus infraction of the traffic rules.

I clearly recall a particular SUV and some other car parked at the side of the road (no such thing as a roadSIDE in miri?) in front of a junction, obstructing view, with the driver and people no where in sight because they are elsewhere door-to-door at houses flagging for votes in front of Desa Seri.

I remember it clearly, because I nearly rammed into it.

…here’s the bombshell - it’s not that one in the photos!

Ba-dda bing. talk about hypocrisy.

[quote=“Geekguy”]

Maybe someone can introduce him to miricommunity.net as another alternative to promote his cause?[/quote]

geekguy

excellent suggestion, for sure he will be grilled here at miricom for flagrante delicto :lol: :lol:

i think too late already…

If he works for his membership by tomorrow with miricom, there is still enough time for us to grill him :lol: :lol: :lol: isnt it your election will be on March 6 or 8? i prepare a good question for him :lol: :lol: he has to dance or do a SILAT (native martial art)before he can give me a satisfactory answer :lol: :lol: :lol:

baham, you can ask him straight away and see if he is indeed watching these forums and makes a response.

more likely a few SB guys are watching… hello officers

Ian

for the mean time i reserve my right of not to ask a question now from him, i want to make it sure that he is monitoring our interaction at miricom :lol: :lol: :lol: thus he will be prepared to do a Silat :lol: :lol:

thanks

I really feel sick by the SUPP banners, posters… All are mockery, boasting about themselves bla bla bla…

Until when that racial politics shall rule this country?

Pathetic…

What is more extreme than spending millions of taxpayers’ money in a by-election like Ijok ?

i saw some BN posters in miri criticizing DAP (the one i saw is in chinese). i thought tat shudn’t happen, rite? i thought they r not suppose to criticize other parties :shock:

why not? any thing to win.
in fact it is relatively clean in miri because bn is not really at risk here…

Allow me to digress a bit by posting this piece of news to demonstrate how low these politicians stoop in order to get votes.

source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_ … ?id=316769

PASIR PUTEH, Feb 27 (Bernama) – Kelantan may not be able to attract part of the RM112 billion to be pumped in by foreign investors for projects under the East Coast Economic Corridor (ECER) if the state continues to be led by PAS, Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Dr Awang Adek Hussin said. Terengganu and Pahang would get the investments instead because they had credible state governments, he said.

“Foreign investors study the capability of the state government first before making their investments,” he said when launching the supplementary BN manifesto for the Pasir Puteh parliamentary constituency in Cherang Ruku yesterday.

Awang Adek, who is also Kelantan BN general election director, said that if the state was not changed, Kelantan might just get a mention and just a small portion of the investments.

This should not be the case as Kelantan, which had the advantage of a skilled workforce and rich natural resources, should be the first choice for investors, he added.

He said attractive features alone were not enough if the conditions were not investor friendly like forbidding pretty women to work.

Awang Adek also described Kelantan PAS manifesto launched by Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat yesterday as a gimmick, saying that the PAS government would not be able to deliver its promise because it only had RM300 million in its coffers against an annual administrative spending of RM400 million.

“They can make so many promises that they are not capable of delivering. The people will be the real losers,” he said.

The eight-point Kelantan PAS manifesto includes a marriage scheme where poor couples would be given RM1,000 each, involving some RM500,000 annually, and a housing scheme for the poor.

– BERNAMA

you haven’t seen those in West Malaysia, have you? I thought were on the news too. The real banner showdown between DAP and BN is there, with bullets firing both ways.

[quote=“koko1710”]

Until when that racial politics shall rule this country?

Pathetic…[/quote]

it does not only happen in Malaysia but in some other regions too. Even in some states of USA (US-a preacher of democracy), take a look what had happened in South Carolina most of the residents are African-American of origin, Barak Obama overwhelmingly won the Primary contest. Apparently, there is a racial consideration in doing so.

ethnicity (race), religion and blood relation etc. are factors to be taken with in a multiracial or multicultural society and it is hard to get away from that facts for the Oriental Brand of Democracy.it may be painful hear and see but that is the reality. May be, It takes us enough time before we can get out from that unnice attitude/perception/deed. I think societies with multiracial or cultural components must give emphasis by educating the young generation on how important is to have a racial understansting and this must be repeatedly and mandatorily taught in different level or (tingkatan) of studies.

surely the rhetoric of politicians will never cure such bad perception/attitude/deed. because they are more on political ends rather than knowing and curing the social symptom of said society

merely my opinion

smash him down with Hammer car, he is a public nuisance and can be summarily abated as he causes danger to the motorists :lol: :lol: :lol:

good day miricom

thANKs

Nope, i normally watch the chinese news on tv2 but i din see anything like tat though :roll:

Gosh… i din know that it is tat bad… :shock: