MIRI: An elderly man was fortunate to sustain only minor bodily injuries when a piece of thermometer that he found in a rubbish bin the day before, popped off yesterday morning.
The incident reportedly occurred at around 11am at the victim’s house in Luak here.
It is learnt that the victim in his 60’s had found the thermometer inside a garbage bin in Luak Esplande.
The victim was rushed to Miri hospital and received outpatient treatment.
It is understood that prior to the incident, the victim was trying to pry off some of the screws on the thermometer.
In a separate incident, an 18 year-old youth seriously injured his face, while another sustained minor bodily injuries after they were splashed with acid during a dispute in their rented house at Taman Gilbert here yesterday morning.
In the 11am incident, the duo were trying to stop a quarrel over the house’s key with another tenant, when they were splashed with the acid.
Nur Sharul, 18, who sustained serious burns on his face and body was rushed to Miri hospital.
The other victim who sustained minor injuries on his backside is also being treated at the hospital.
Police are investigation the incident.