Eat five meals a day to stay slim?

How many of you have tried the ‘Starve yourself silly’ diet. I know I have been guilty. However, since learning about a proper diet regime from a nutritionist friend, I find myself getting slimmer. I eat 3 FULL main meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner and have two snacks in between. Each main meal portion is the size of three fists. And that’s plenty. He said and I quote, "losing weight and maintaining the weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. So even if you exercise regularly (which is good and reccomendable) but you still stuff yourself, well having a fit body is not going to happen. Having said that you still need cardio exercises.’ Since my weight has gone down, I now believe in the ‘Eat yourself silly’ diet (though I don;t practice it anymore) What say you?

Well… 1 thing that i’m not scare of is gaining weight but I am scare of getting fat. I’m not heavy but I feel that I hv a lot of spare tyre. Even I do exercise 3 times a week, it jz won’t get smaller. Only my weight has gone down. That’s not balance rite?
Tell me desertspr, your weight has gone down, what bour your waist? Is it getting smaller too…?

Which is heavier a kilo of muscle or a kilo of fat? Both have the same kilo weight but the difference is in the solidness. Fat is wobbly (hence the flat tire. Muscle is solid. If you train and still have excess fat, your toned muscle will still be covered by the fat. With the diet I had, plus correct gym training, I had a flat an toned tummy. Even if i didn’t exercise, with the proper diet (make sure that your calorie intake tallies with your weight and activities), I still had a flat tummy. It does not matter how small my waist is because I love moderation and I don’t like the feeling of being aneroxic :smiley:

Which is heavier a kilo of muscle or a kilo of fat? Both have the same kilo weight but the difference is in the solidness. Fat is wobbly (hence the flat tire. Muscle is solid. If you train and still have excess fat, your toned muscle will still be covered by the fat. With the diet I had, plus correct gym training, I had a flat an toned tummy. Even if i didn’t exercise, with the proper diet (make sure that your calorie intake tallies with your weight and activities), I still had a flat tummy. It does not matter how small my waist is because I love moderation and I don’t like the feeling of being aneroxic :smiley:

Hi, I’m not an expert, but I understand if you want to lose weight you simply need to burn more calories that what you’re eating up. In rest all day, a body burns approximately the energy that a McDonalds meal provides, so sitting around and starving yourself is not the best way to lose weight, as the resulting reduction of sugar level and inactivity makes it hard for you to concentrate. Being moody and all, you won’t be a very pleasant person to have around and would probably start losing friends.

The most effective way to burn excess energy is to exercise and force your body to burn up the food you ate and reserved fats. Exercise also increases your metabolic rate making it easier to lose weight. A good & consistent exercise regime is a good thing because it gives you heart a good workout and clears you mind. :smiley:

I totally agree with exercising. But do you know the forms of exercise needed to burn a burger? Each form of exercise burns calories differently. And as age catches up, you may have to exercise longer hours or eat less. :slight_smile:

I think swimming is best for me as it gives me a through workout and is enjoyable. I also play squash with friends 2-3 times a week. :slight_smile:

Yes, I think swimming is the best form of excercise. It’s fun and the just only drowning is the danger you’ll face.

Do not eat after 6pm… and eat after 10am… sure you will get slim… no snack in middle okie…

but…but…but… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It depends on your definition of a snack? I would consider a tiny health bar a snack and its nutritionous. And why after 10am? ffrom what I know, the best time to exercise is early in the morning where you will burn more. And eat only an hour after the exercise. and breakfast is very important no matter what…

= deleted with apology =

For those who really want to lose weight long term should try the "Eat yourself silly diet’ but of course you still need the moderation bit. For those who want instant effect starve yourself for a week and don’t drink water for 24 hours before a big event. hehehe

I eat five meals a day too, Light breakfast, light titbits at ten in the morning, heavy lunch, light teatime and light dinner. Light exercise and some light supper. Just right to what my body needs. More Vege’s, Fruits and protein for energy…Sometimes do heavy jobs…

Sileast20, have six meals a day and you qualify for a Hobbit. (Except for that height thing, of course.)

Wah! you guys are weight and shape conscious ha.

That could be someone new year resolution ie to lose weight and reshaping his/her shape.

Well, visit http://www.herbalife.com

then contact me if you are serious or curious.

The supplements are good but you still need solid food :slight_smile: It’s very difficult to be disciplined in maintaining a healthy diet.