Earth Hour 2010

Will On Earth Hour hundreds of millions of people, organizations, corporations and governments will come together to make a bold statement about their concern for climate change by doing something quite simpleturning off their lights for one hour. Earth Hour symbolizes that by working together, each of us can have a positive impact in the fight against climate change, protecting our future and that of future generations.
Set Your Clock
On March 27th at 8:30 p.m. local time, Earth Hour will cascade around the globefrom time zone to time zoneuniting the planet under a single, simple, call to action.
Earth Hour Malaysia

Since its inception three years ago, Earth Hours non-partisan approach has captured the worlds imagination and became a global phenomenon. Nearly one billion people turned out for Earth Hour 2009 involving 4,100 cities in 87 countries on seven continents.
2009 was the first time Malaysia officially participated in Earth Hour bringing Malaysians to turn off their lights for one hour to show their support towards climate change. Many prominent landmarks switched off their lights and Malaysians celebrating. Its estimated that more than 5million Malaysians participated in Earth Hour.

http://ehm.my/about/

here come again. =)

Cant find the old posts but this will do.

REMINDER of EARTH HOURS :slight_smile:

make sure you turn off your office lights and etc if you are the last person leaving the office… and dont forget to switch off your monitor screen too ( i do that everyday).

participate and enjoy earth hours :slight_smile:

turn off all pc!!! LOL

Why don’t the government ask TNB and Sesco to cut off power supply for 1 hour to show our commitment to Earth Hour…

Earth Hours is it mean turn off everythings including TV, JACCUSSI, SPA & so on in ur house, or just turning off lights only excluding the above products?

pls give suggestions & comments! thanks!

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]Earth Hours is it mean turn off everythings including TV, JACCUSSI, SPA & so on in ur house, or just turning off lights only excluding the above products?

pls give suggestions & comments! thanks![/quote]

the purpose of earth hour is for people to understand about saving energy and also a good oportunity to teach the younger generation i.e. kids to care about the environment …
u can only switch off ur light or switch off the power all together.

Smallee-- it gives everybody a chance to participate. instead of cutting the power off completely

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]Earth Hours is it mean turn off everythings including TV, JACCUSSI, SPA & so on in ur house, or just turning off lights only excluding the above products?

pls give suggestions & comments! thanks![/quote]
Lights is on main point…
Others is optional…
The choice is on ur hand… :wink:

this kinda thing makes me more believe that somethings is gonna happen in 2012 just kidding …

agree!
1 hour,no big deal!

agree!
1 hour,no big deal![/quote]

Greetings Ransu,

On the contrary, one hour on 27th March is a great deal when millions of people around the world executes this exercise for just that one hour. The turning off of the lights on that night probably would not reduce significantly the CO2 emission of the world but it will surely let everyone know that, there are more and more people willing to save this planet and are willing to do more. The significance is not the switching off of the lights itself but it is the switching ON of the “environmental impact” awareness of energy and natural resources usage of human beings and how we all can reduce environmental destruction.

The bigger deal is this movement will involve the millions of people around the world.

Happy Lights Off !

yay!! shut down platform!!

last year Earth hour i was alone in my home , my other family members were out going somewhere … it was scarrrryyyy …

agree!
1 hour,no big deal![/quote]

Greetings Ransu,

On the contrary, one hour on 27th March is a great deal when millions of people around the world executes this exercise for just that one hour. The turning off of the lights on that night probably would not reduce significantly the CO2 emission of the world but it will surely let everyone know that, there are more and more people willing to save this planet and are willing to do more. The significance is not the switching off of the lights itself but it is the switching ON of the “environmental impact” awareness of energy and natural resources usage of human beings and how we all can reduce environmental destruction.

The bigger deal is this movement will involve the millions of people around the world.

Happy Lights Off ![/quote]

Erm…I mean that switching off the platform for 1 hour is no big deal for me or us…
We can stand 1 hour without electricity…

thanks for the reminder…this saturday… :smiley:

Totally agree. haha.

Totally agree. haha.[/quote]
ahahaha. Then ppl will complaint sesco this TNB this… :expressionless:

Totally agree. haha.[/quote]
ahahaha. Then ppl will complaint sesco this TNB this… :|[/quote]

Be like KLCC last year…
1 switch whole building blackout.
Why can’t Miri be the bulbs and KLCC switch as Sesco or TNB?
Issshh…

[quote=“Ransu”]

Erm…I mean that switching off the platform for 1 hour is no big deal for me or us…
We can stand 1 hour without electricity…[/quote]

Yes, you are right… 1 hrs is no big deal to all of us in fact… we all understand that correctly. I’m sure you can do without electricity for more than that. However, the idea is not to see how long you last without power. The idea is to let us know we need to conserve power i.e. natural resources and recycle it thus be able to save our environment. Simple as that.

We can do without power for certain no. of hours but when it comes to days like the people in Haiti after the massive earthqauke, they where left with no power plus no water, no food, no shelter, no nothing. That’s would be harder to overcome than a couple of hours without lights. So, basically the idea of Earth Hour 60 is to bring to attention to everyone that within the hour of 27th March come saturday night, every living humans on this earth should come to our nature’s sense that we should give some back to mother nature and nurse her back to health. Once we realised our actions and objective, it will be up to us to carry out our basic duties as a inhabitant of this planet and that we do not have all the rights to this earth, only the rights to use it temporarily. It’s just that simple.

I sincerely hope we can all see the light at the end of this movement and cherish what mother nature has given us.

Happy Lights Off Day !

So any event happening in Miri? In KL we celebrate earth hour by having outdoor events and event the night clubs participate. Any “green” thing happening in Miri?