Early Bird rate for Colour Rush 5.0 ends on 31 Dec, 2016

KUCHING: With Colour Rush 5.0 less than two months away, members of the public are encouraged to take advantage of the Early Bird rate of RM48 before it closes on 31 December at 6pm.

The run is open to all individuals, and the registration fee is inclusive of a dri-fit t-shirt as well as a drawstring bag, which are limited and subject to availability.

From 1–25 January, normal registration fee will be at RM53.

The run will take place at Pustaka Negeri Sarawak here on 18 February, 2017 at 4.30pm.

Colour Rush will also be held the next day in Miri, Boulevard Shopping Mall (car park area) at 6am on 19 February, 2017.

In 2017, SCCS, as the main organiser, is eager to get even more runners involved in Colour Rush 5.0 by targeting 8,000 participants for the whole of Sarawak.

The Colour Rush run is held to commemorate International Childhood Cancer Day which falls in February, and acts as a public awareness campaign on childhood cancer.

With awareness and support, SCCS hopes to push for better access to care for children with cancer.

Through this run, SCCS aims to:

(1) Raise awareness of childhood cancer in Sarawak.

(2) Encourage the public to participate in a fun-filled event for a meaningful cause.

(3) Encourage the younger generation to demonstrate more understanding and empathy towards children with cancer.

(4) Raise funds to support childhood cancer patients and their families. Through this effort, SCCS hopes to instil responsibility and compassion within the general public as part of their contribution towards nation building.

Kuching participants can register in person at the SCCS Centre (Kuching) which is open from Monday to Saturday between 9 am until 4pm.

Entry forms can also be obtained by visiting the weekend road shows at CityONE Megamall, every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 8pm.

Online registration is also available at www.colourrushrun.com.

In Miri, forms can be obtained and submitted to Somerset Hotel, No.12, Kwang Tung Road, which is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm or by visiting the weekend road shows at Imperial Permaisuri Mall every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 8pm.

Registration counters are also available at selected Lea Sports Centre and Lea Centre outlets in Sarawak.

For corporate or group registrations with more than ten participants, contact Genevieve Tan at events@sccs.org.my. Registrations close on 25 January, 2017.

Colour Rush 5.0 is organised by Sarawak Children’s Cancer Society and supported by Lea Sports Centre.

SCCS thanks all the following parties: official sound, SoundArt, official isotonic drink, Revive, official photographer, The Shots Photography, official venue sponsors, Imperial Permaisuri Mall and CityONE Megamall and also the official media partners, MY.fm, ERA.fm and HITZ.fm.

For more information on the “Colour Rush” charity run, contact the SCCS Centre at 082 686 276 or email to events@sccs.org.my.Check out its website at www.colourrushrun.com and like its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/colourrushrun.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/12/28/early-bird-rate-for-colour-rush-5-0-ends-on-31-dec-2016/