Drinks at coffeeshops up 30 cents?

Bring own 3 in 1 packet. Order hot water… then u got urself a nice cup of hot beverage

I think high percentage of the increment due to increase of property price (rental increase) and worker/boss salary. Rise in sugar price is just good excuse in right timing.

[quote=“whatman”][quote=“Pause”]If i recall correctly, a couple of months ago the market price for 1kg of pork increased by RM1, resulting in a state-wide 50-cent rise in kolol mee prices. I don’t remember eating noodles with half a kilo of meat in it before. :roll:

There’s an absolute lack of protection for consumer rights in our country. How is a sudden increase of 30-cent for drinks justifiable? Aftermath of the 34-cent subsidy lift? Utterly ridiculous![/quote]

Some mi kolok stall still maintain the same price, and I will support them.[/quote]

Yeah, some are still holding on to the RM2.50 price tag, but there aren’t many left. It’s sad to see that their businesses aren’t improving much though, despite refusing to follow the trend. I guess most of us Mirians dislike breaking our morning ritual. The cafe beside GK is one I frequent to for breakfast that hasn’t revised their F&B prices for a couple of years now.

Hey whatman… The teh C you say RM1.50, where can i get that cause normally I drink its about 2.20 to 2.50

Miri Food Court.

its Teh C oh… not Teh C peng…

Ohhh my bad… I thought its Teh C peng

[quote=“whatman”]Drinks at coffee shops are somehow affected by no subsidy sugar price.

If increase 10 sen ok I understand, but last time my tec C cost about RM1.20 now become RM1.50. 30 cent increase!

Subsidy was like 34 cents per KILO, so what amazing logic that the 30 cent gets pass to us? We’re not consuming 1kg of sugar per glass.[/quote]
Small cup,medium cup or big cup. As far as I know small cup is 1.20 medium cup 1.40 or 1.50. before sugar price hike.
coffee O small cup 1.00 big cup 1.40 ( i am referring to chinese coffee shops)
Share information of those coffee shops that unreasonably increase the price of drinks and don’t go there. Like what we did during mee price increase. A lot of mee stalls still selling rm2.50.

thanks to all the bn supporters~ lets now eat as many grass as we can together :lol: if grass got gst, eat the grass that grow in the swamp land.

Please stop politicising every argument. You’re blindly not looking at the real issue here. :roll:

[quote=“whatman”]Drinks at coffee shops are somehow affected by no subsidy sugar price.

If increase 10 sen ok I understand, but last time my tec C cost about RM1.20 now become RM1.50. 30 cent increase!

Subsidy was like 34 cents per KILO, so what amazing logic that the 30 cent gets pass to us? We’re not consuming 1kg of sugar per glass.[/quote]

Why so serious? enjoy your life man. I am still poor but happy here. :lol:

[quote=“blackberry10”][quote=“whatman”]Drinks at coffee shops are somehow affected by no subsidy sugar price.

Why so serious? enjoy your life man. I am still poor but happy here. :lol:[/quote]

Are you saying we cannot discuss this kind of issue?

You got invest stock in one of the coffeeshops? :shock:

ya boss…as long as ur happy…i can be anyone u wish…from waiter to sugar tycoon :lol: in reality, I am still a day dreamer.

if u really kiam siap can save the few extra cents by asking for ais batu and chinese tea suam…normally they don’t charge for ais batu

^ i meant for those who want to drink chinese tea peng but don want to pay for the peng xD

yeah…i noticed that too…~ cool idea

[quote=“infrasonic”]if u really kiam siap can save the few extra cents by asking for ais batu and chinese tea suam…normally they don’t charge for ais batu

^ i meant for those who want to drink chinese tea peng but don want to pay for the peng xD[/quote]

Not about the cost of ais batu, or unable to afford 30 cent higher drinks but this is really about how coffeeshop operator pass the cost down to us in an unfairly manner.

34 cent increase per kilo of sugar, but 30 cent increase in drink that probably use close to 4-8 gram of sugar.

Kind of a rip off.

next time you go order a glass of hot water, and bring your own 3 in 1 premix coffee. see how the tauke react after that. hahaha

My friend already start to bring her own water when eating outside. I think I will follow suit too.

Next thing coffee shops will put up “No Outside Food or Drinks Allowed”. or they might charge ‘Cockage Fee’ or “Seat Fee” if everyone start bringing own drinks or beverage mix.

The profit of a cup of drink today is more than 200%. Its obvious to see that people start to tapao instead of eat in. Of cause for mcd n kfc those, they will prefer to sit in and take their time. We are lucky to have food operators that still dont want to up up in Miri. Look at west side, people are struggling just for a good outfit and nice gadget. Bercukurlah, we have be end here.