Drinks at coffeeshops up 30 cents?

Drinks at coffee shops are somehow affected by no subsidy sugar price.

If increase 10 sen ok I understand, but last time my tec C cost about RM1.20 now become RM1.50. 30 cent increase!

Subsidy was like 34 cents per KILO, so what amazing logic that the 30 cent gets pass to us? We’re not consuming 1kg of sugar per glass.

This is sad and true… They take the opportunity to earn more using that excuse…

Not trying to be cheeky, but I’ve switched to Chinese tea, no sugar needed so no price increased, by far Chinese tea suam is the cheapest drink apart from plain water (ayer suam) :wink:

I haven’t tried Chinese tea lately after the no subsidy announcement. I wonder what logic they will use if they decided to increase that one too?

They would charge you extra for the ice if you order Chinese tea ice/peng :mrgreen:

That one normal. Any hot drink upgraded to ice will have price increase.

i ever heard got coffee shop increase 20cent for kopi o kosong, then the guy ruding with the boss, the boss say sugar price raise so all drink increase then the guy ask, he only order kopi o kosong with no sugar, why still need increase price.

end of the argument, boss willing to drop back to normal price for all customer.

wanted to see the price for this time

I should start carrying hot drinks in flask to make it a point.

dari peon sampai pm. everyone is corrupted in their own sweet ways. :lol:

so why should coffeeshop owners be any less. :lol: :lol:

It seems like they put 1kg sugar in the drinks. LOL!!! 1kg increase RM0.30, then one cup of drink increase RM0.30! Even chinese tea without sugar also increase. What a joke man!

Can we order all the drink without sugar then we bring our own sugar to add on. the price cheaper or not haha

If i recall correctly, a couple of months ago the market price for 1kg of pork increased by RM1, resulting in a state-wide 50-cent rise in kolol mee prices. I don’t remember eating noodles with half a kilo of meat in it before. :roll:

There’s an absolute lack of protection for consumer rights in our country. How is a sudden increase of 30-cent for drinks justifiable? Aftermath of the 34-cent subsidy lift? Utterly ridiculous!

No outside “sugar”… HAHAHAHA… later they charge you even more… :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote=“Pause”]If i recall correctly, a couple of months ago the market price for 1kg of pork increased by RM1, resulting in a state-wide 50-cent rise in kolol mee prices. I don’t remember eating noodles with half a kilo of meat in it before. :roll:

There’s an absolute lack of protection for consumer rights in our country. How is a sudden increase of 30-cent for drinks justifiable? Aftermath of the 34-cent subsidy lift? Utterly ridiculous![/quote]

Some mi kolok stall still maintain the same price, and I will support them.

i love BN!!!

What does this has got to do with BN? :roll:

next times all the utilities bills likes sesco, laku & gas & MCC bills also wants to rise price…

not only food & drinks onlylo…

thanks all to BN supporters!

Just wait & seelo…

That kind of reason to increase because of “Variable Costs” of materials use. The other reason of increase the price is from Fixed Costs such as rent and workers’ salary as well which might increase almost 1-2 years also. If you are thinking it’s your rightfully enjoying your salary increment every year, then the price of food or drinks should be increase as well ( I am not sure should increase how many in how long as this all depends on market )

Best recommended Chinese Coffee Shop as almost every week once I will go there as the service is fast, space quite comfortable and the price of food and drink is okay: King City

I suppose i am spelling the correct name. It is located at Bintang Jaya Commercial Centre which next to Bintang Mega Mall. Slidely opposite 767 KARAOKE. Kolok Mee: RM 2.50 Coffee with milk: RM 1.40 ( Price may vary as i did not visit today )

P/S: I am support reasonable increase of price.

Did I miss the familiar statement by Ministers, “Coffee shop owners are warned not to increase the price” and " the public are advised to avoid shops that increase price of drinks". I am getting used to having food without drinks.
I am surprised we have APs for sugar supply too. :shock:

[quote=“lcsiong”]i ever heard got coffee shop increase 20cent for kopi o kosong, then the guy ruding with the boss, the boss say sugar price raise so all drink increase then the guy ask, he only order kopi o kosong with no sugar, why still need increase price.

end of the argument, boss willing to drop back to normal price for all customer.

wanted to see the price for this time[/quote]

I also drink kosong but never realise how they charge. Will keep that in mind ask them next time when I go drink. Thanks for the info. Cheers.