Dr M: I’m distressed by loss of Malay voice

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

Dr M: Im distressed by loss of Malay voice

PASIR MAS: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has declared he is not a racist but someone who is distressed over an apparent loss of the Malay political voice in the country.

He said racism was the furthest thing from his mind whenever he touched on the subject of Malay rights.

The country must understand that Malays are now split into three (political) factions, none of which has adequate political support to govern the country effectively.

Alluding to the split among the Malays in Umno, PAS and PKR, the former premier said he was only talking about the rights of the Malays in the country.

I do not think the Malays are seeking to take away the rights of other communities.

They have their rights which are protected under the (Federal) Constitution, he said when addressing a gathering of thousands organised by Perkasa at the Pasir Mas railway depot here.

Dr Mahathir claimed that the Malays were split because of selfish politicians who wanted power at all costs.

Umno, he said, was also to be blamed as some grassroots leaders behaved like warlords and prevented talented members from moving up the partys ladder.

do u know that he is actually has indian DNA?

Is it Malay Rights or Privilages in the constitution?

Got malay special rights…so does bumiputra or natives sabah n sarawak…

Except in reality, natives rights r ignored

i think what he’s saying is that, if malays dont protect themselves, they’ll end up like the red indians in the US, or the aboriginals in Aussie - nobodies.

theres a famous saying, biar putih tulang, jangan putih mata.

those trick doesn’t works anymore lah.

i mean, “menjaja bangsa” for political gains.

perkasa not racist meh?

no laaaa

anything u fight for in the name of malay, not racist one lahhhhh

hahahahahaha,…nice one,… vertigo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sadly,true though

[quote=“iamkroll”]i think what he’s saying is that, if malays dont protect themselves, they’ll end up like the red indians in the US, or the aboriginals in Aussie - nobodies.

theres a famous saying, biar putih tulang, jangan putih mata.[/quote]

So? Are the red indians/aboriginals denied rights for better living, freedom to choose how they live, freedom to choose religion, freedom to voice their demand? Are they even denied the right to become President? Are they really nobodies? As I recall, some standby their decision to stick to their traditional life, live with nature and not forcing it on others. Not like they don’t have choice. They have the freedom to be great if they try.

Over here, the true natives are denied rights, their religion desecrated, their home destroyed and are called “orang utan” by our leader who do not respect their way of life. If you wish to compare, I suggest you compare the Pro UMNO Malays today to the Caucassian in the old days when they first invaded the red indian homeland to build railways. Sound familiar?

[quote=“LeechMeister”][quote=“iamkroll”]i think what he’s saying is that, if malays dont protect themselves, they’ll end up like the red indians in the US, or the aboriginals in Aussie - nobodies.

So? Are the red indians/aboriginals denied rights for better living, freedom to choose how they live, freedom to choose religion, freedom to voice their demand? Are they even denied the right to become President? Are they really nobodies? As I recall, some standby their decision to stick to their traditional life, live with nature and not forcing it on others. Not like they don’t have choice. They have the freedom to be great if they try.

Over here, the true natives are denied rights, their religion desecrated, their home destroyed and are called “orang utan” by our leader who do not respect their way of life. If you wish to compare, I suggest you compare the Pro UMNO Malays today to the Caucassian in the old days when they first invaded the red indian homeland to build railways. Sound familiar?[/quote]

lol chill man. i didnt say anything about UMNO. im just talking about native rights to voice out here. yes, some choose to live their life that way, but those who dont, well, they cant do much anyway. no matter how good they are, the preconceive ideas abt them denied them of opportunities. stereotypically speaking, they dont really have a good one.

all im saying is, for the natives, careful what you wish for. doesnt matter who you vote for. we make the wrong decisions now, we’ll end up in the same lane as the aborigines and the red indians. voice out your thoughts. question things. you cant be racist when you’re protecting yourself and your future.

Hmm, they shouldn’t fuss about this and just relax… according to Malay experts, we are all Malays :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2 months ago. the Sultan of Brunei launched the Knowledge Convention’s Conference of Malay Experts in Brunei capital, an event which gathered over 29 Malay experts from Brunei and Malaysia to prove the importance of Malay history and civilization in the region.

And so… those experts concluded that the first and oldest human in the world is actually not from Africa, but a Malay from Malaysia.

http://www.brudirect.com/index.php/2010 … earch.html

The Sultan then called the Malays to be brave and accept the findings (i.e. first human is a Malay), saying a race who denied history is a cowardly race.

http://bruneitimes.com.bn/news-national … -us-sultan

Based on their findings, human earliest ancestor is Malay, so why fight and worry around when all are Malays? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote=“mevotex”]Hmm, they shouldn’t fuss about this and just relax… according to Malay experts, we are all Malays :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2 months ago. the Sultan of Brunei launched the Knowledge Convention’s Conference of Malay Experts in Brunei capital, an event which gathered over 29 Malay experts from Brunei and Malaysia to prove the importance of Malay history and civilization in the region.

And so… those experts concluded that the first and oldest human in the world is actually not from Africa, but a Malay from Malaysia.

http://www.brudirect.com/index.php/2010 … earch.html

The Sultan then called the Malays to be brave and accept the findings (i.e. first human is a Malay), saying a race who denied history is a cowardly race.

http://bruneitimes.com.bn/news-national … -us-sultan

Based on their findings, human earliest ancestor is Malay, so why fight and worry around when all are Malays? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

not first ever human la. just the first “malay” only. probably just highlighting the first existence of the malay race. your twisting words bro. stop that. read properly.

[quote=“iamkroll”][quote=“LeechMeister”][quote=“iamkroll”]i think what he’s saying is that, if malays dont protect themselves, they’ll end up like the red indians in the US, or the aboriginals in Aussie - nobodies.

Over here, the true natives are denied rights, their religion desecrated, their home destroyed and are called “orang utan” by our leader who do not respect their way of life. If you wish to compare, I suggest you compare the Pro UMNO Malays today to the Caucassian in the old days when they first invaded the red indian homeland to build railways. Sound familiar?[/quote]

lol chill man. i didnt say anything about UMNO. im just talking about native rights to voice out here. yes, some choose to live their life that way, but those who dont, well, they cant do much anyway. no matter how good they are, the preconceive ideas abt them denied them of opportunities. stereotypically speaking, they dont really have a good one.

all im saying is, for the natives, careful what you wish for. doesnt matter who you vote for. we make the wrong decisions now, we’ll end up in the same lane as the aborigines and the red indians. voice out your thoughts. question things. you cant be racist when you’re protecting yourself and your future.[/quote]

I mean dont compare to red indians and aborigin lah. If they want to be rich, they can do it without quota restriction unlike here. Protecting yourself and your future is fine, just don’t ask for others to suffer because you cannot get what you want. Mahathir ain’t no protector of Malay if he cannot even protect his other Indian half.

Recently I read this book " What Your Teacher Didn’t Tell You, Vol 1 " by Farish Noor. This book should be available at Popular Book store, Bintang Plaza.

Interesting read. In the 1871-1911 censuses , Boyanese,Bugis, Dyaks,Malays, Javanese were all considered “Malay races”. In 1931 censuses, Malays, Javanese,Bataks, Bugis, Dayaks , natives from Dutch East Indies were under “Malay Races”. It looks those days Malay was classified under the region and not based on the religion.

Some of these facts was never thought by my History teacher :roll:

[quote=“iamkroll”]

not first ever human la. just the first “malay” only. probably just highlighting the first existence of the malay race. your twisting words bro. stop that. read properly.[/quote]

I know you will say that :slight_smile:

But I didn’t twist the word, first of all I’d remind you that the event was attended by professors, those with PhD degree. The theme is ‘Malay’s oldest human’.

Now, what is human? Human is a modern classification of life organisms used to refer to us, currently the most progressive life beings living on planet earth.

Us as human is grouped into the living species under human taxonomy of ‘homo sapiens’, homo sapiens began their evolution at around 500,000 years ago. Homo sapiens came into existence in Africa about 200,000 years ago.

Prior to 500,000 years ago, it was not humans, it was the neanderthals, before neanderthals it was the homo erectus, and such.

By claiming ‘Malay’s oldest human’ found 1.8 million yrs ago, in an official presentation, it puts the ‘Malay human’ far ahead even the neanderthals, at level of hominids. This override the earliest human (homo sapiens) who start evolving at 500,000 yrs ago and appeared 200,000 years ago. If that is something, it directly claims Malay as oldest human. The professors won’t possibly dunno that. As said, people understand what they are trying to claim :wink: If there is any errors, it is the inaccuracy problems on the professors and experts side :wink:

Everyone knows Mount Everest as world highest mountain at 8,840m , shall I claim the highest mountain in America as 10,000m , it’s obvious I’m directly claiming the one in America is world highest, and challenging the existing record. Similarly, humans (homo sapiens) only began at 200,000 yrs ago. Ever wonder why they used ‘Peking man’, ‘Java man’ instead of ‘Peking human’, Java human’?

http://i54.tinypic.com/20qm4d4.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/sw38yd.jpg
1.8 million years ago… The scientific classication does not consider these human (homo sapiens), it is another group known as Australopithecus (Australopithecines hominids), so weird the experts even consider them Malays 8)

Also you can’t blame me :wink: it is popular grammar especially in the US to use 's as ‘is’, for instance:

North Korea’s getting crazier!
Obama’s inept!
This Republican’s a warmonger!
That Latino woman’s gorgeous!

[quote=“mevotex”][quote=“iamkroll”]

not first ever human la. just the first “malay” only. probably just highlighting the first existence of the malay race. your twisting words bro. stop that. read properly.[/quote]

I know you will say that :slight_smile:

But I didn’t twist the word, first of all I’d remind you that the event was attended by professors, those with PhD degree. The theme is ‘Malay’s oldest human’.

Now, what is human? Human is a modern classification of life organisms used to refer to us, currently the most progressive life beings living on planet earth.

Us as human is grouped into the living species under human taxonomy of ‘homo sapiens’, homo sapiens began their evolution at around 500,000 years ago. Homo sapiens came into existence in Africa about 200,000 years ago.

Prior to 500,000 years ago, it was not humans, it was the neanderthals, before neanderthals it was the homo erectus, and such.

By claiming ‘Malay’s oldest human’ found 1.8 million yrs ago, in an official presentation, it puts the ‘Malay human’ far ahead even the neanderthals, at level of hominids. This override the earliest human (homo sapiens) who start evolving at 500,000 yrs ago and appeared 200,000 years ago. If that is something, it directly claims Malay as oldest human. The professors won’t possibly dunno that. As said, people understand what they are trying to claim :wink: If there is any errors, it is the inaccuracy problems on the professors and experts side :wink:

Everyone knows Mount Everest as world highest mountain at 8,840m , shall I claim the highest mountain in America as 10,000m , it’s obvious I’m directly claiming the one in America is world highest, and challenging the existing record. Similarly, humans (homo sapiens) only began at 200,000 yrs ago. Ever wonder why they used ‘Peking man’, ‘Java man’ instead of ‘Peking human’, Java human’?

http://i54.tinypic.com/20qm4d4.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/sw38yd.jpg
1.8 million years ago… The scientific classication does not consider these human (homo sapiens), it is another group known as Australopithecus (Australopithecines hominids), so weird the experts even consider them Malays 8)

Also you can’t blame me :wink: it is popular grammar especially in the US to use 's as ‘is’, for instance:

North Korea’s getting crazier!
Obama’s inept!
This Republican’s a warmonger!
That Latino woman’s gorgeous![/quote]

lol technicalities.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Olde … 1792.shtml (The Oldest HUMAN Ever Found: 7 MILLION years ago)

so no, no claims of the FIRST ever human was made 8)

[quote=“Bones”]Recently I read this book " What Your Teacher Didn’t Tell You, Vol 1 " by Farish Noor. This book should be available at Popular Book store, Bintang Plaza.

Interesting read. In the 1871-1911 censuses , Boyanese,Bugis, Dyaks,Malays, Javanese were all considered “Malay races”. In 1931 censuses, Malays, Javanese,Bataks, Bugis, Dayaks , natives from Dutch East Indies were under “Malay Races”. It looks those days Malay was classified under the region and not based on the religion.

Some of these facts was never thought by my History teacher :roll:[/quote]

Did you realized they look similar? The Borneo natives, the Madagascar’s Malagasy, Taiwanese aborigines, Malays, Javanese, Filipino Tagalogs, the Polynesians, the Micronesians, the Melanesians? They are actually all grouped under the term Austronesian, and as one group of people. Unfortunately, religions/politics separate them all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austronesian

[quote=“mevotex”][quote=“Bones”]Recently I read this book " What Your Teacher Didn’t Tell You, Vol 1 " by Farish Noor. This book should be available at Popular Book store, Bintang Plaza.

[quote=“Bones”]Recently I read this book " What Your Teacher Didn’t Tell You, Vol 1 " by Farish Noor. This book should be available at Popular Book store, Bintang Plaza.

Did you realized they look similar? The Borneo natives, the Madagascar’s Malagasy, Taiwanese aborigines, Malays, Javanese, Filipino Tagalogs, the Polynesians, the Micronesians, the Melanesians? They are actually all grouped under the term Austronesian, and as one group of people. Unfortunately, religions/politics separate them all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austronesian[/quote]

lol which is why im puzzled why “malays” are not classified as the native of the land too according to some?
also, the idea/notion of human race classification is socially constructed. started in the west. i would presume its the americans.

[quote=“iamkroll”]

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Olde … 1792.shtml (The Oldest HUMAN Ever Found: 7 MILLION years ago)

so no, no claims of the FIRST ever human was made 8)[/quote]

you didn’t read some of my main point, phd n professers :mrgreen:

the article given is written by well, some bloggers or editors who may not differentiate between homo-genus groups, but not in case of the professors :smiley:

the article title says human, then content says ape-like human, ape-human, maybe a australopithecus afarensis species, first hominid species to follow the path towards homo sapiens, so it is exactly under what group? maybe the writer is also confused :mrgreen: