Double offer for students with SPM qualification

PETALING JAYA: For the first time, students with the SPM qualification or its equivalent will be given a double offer a matriculation programme under the Education Ministry or a foundation or diploma course at a public university.

The Higher Education Ministry said students would know if their applications for entry into public universities were successful on May 1.

We hope students who receive both offers will decide carefully on what they like to do, the ministry said in a statement.

Another option for SPM school-leavers is to enter Form Six.

The statement said the results for the Education Ministrys matriculation programme was announced last Friday. Registration for entry into the programme is on May 11.

The ministry also advised students who had received one offer only, namely the matriculation programme, to register for it immediately.

If the student decides to reject the matriculation programme, his application will be considered for entry into a public university if he meets the conditions, it said.

If he obtains this offer, the ministry said the student must accept it within seven days after its announcement on the public universitys website.

Only students who did not receive any offer can submit an appeal online at upu.mohe.gov.my 10 working days after the announcement of the results on May 1.

For further information on application status to public universities, students can call 03-8883 5858 / 48, e-mail upu@mohe.gov.my or visit upu.mohe.gov.my.

SOURCE