Do you still believe in No Pain No Gain?

Well,i used to think no pain no gain is right,but these day i was changed.

people in my company(a property company), they do not need to study a lot and everyday just sit here and talk phone with customer . if the deal goes well…they can earn alot of money.At the same time i feel a little bit unfair for who study a lot or hardworking person.

Is that wisdom can replace anything or hardwork?

i feel confused.

Somehow i can sense that you are fresh grad.
Welcome to the real working world. lol~

i believe more in NO MONEY NO TALK…

let say u study alot, got master etc … but when u comes to the real deal… can u really close a deal? do u have enough experience? some ppl study until spm, but they earn their experience by years of venturing themself in this industry and gain contacts as well… do u have so much contacts n link to get deal??

so… this matter cannot say fair o unfair… just give n take… and i know something which is, u got good study background, u ll get promoted faster than any1…just bear the hardship for now… u ll see the result soon.

i believe in meritocracy, the most capable person deserve all. people like bill gates (microsoft), larry ellison (oracle), ralph lauren (polo ralph lauren), michael dell (dell computer) dropped out from university and went on to build up their empire. heck, hongkong richest man li ka-shing dropped out from secondary school and now the 16th richest in the world. career is not about that piece of paper from university, but the abilities to sense all best opportunities and get things done at the right time.

I agree with mevotex.

Personally, I think that qualifications are just a stepping stone, no more, no less. Experience in the industry is more valuable than any qualifications that one can obtain.

Maybe to you, it seems like those people who are talking on the phone are not doing anything but do you have their communication skills? social skills? All these skills are developed over time and through experience.

Sometimes working hard is of no use. You have to work smart. If your boss or your supervisor taught you to do something in 10 steps and when times goes one, you can produce the same results in lets say 7 steps. So do one follow exactly what they were taught? (for me this is called working hard) or do you follow ur newly discovered shortcuts? (this is what I would call working smart).

Working hard alone wont get you very far. You got to think out of the box, be more innovative, be more initiative. Always seek to improve yourself. Do more than wat is expected in a smart way.

I second you.

[quote=“Artowawa”]I agree with mevotex.

Personally, I think that qualifications are just a stepping stone, no more, no less. Experience in the industry is more valuable than any qualifications that one can obtain.

Maybe to you, it seems like those people who are talking on the phone are not doing anything but do you have their communication skills? social skills? All these skills are developed over time and through experience.

Sometimes working hard is of no use. You have to work smart. If your boss or your supervisor taught you to do something in 10 steps and when times goes one, you can produce the same results in lets say 7 steps. So do one follow exactly what they were taught? (for me this is called working hard) or do you follow ur newly discovered shortcuts? (this is what I would call working smart).

Working hard alone wont get you very far. You got to think out of the box, be more innovative, be more initiative. Always seek to improve yourself. Do more than wat is expected in a smart way.[/quote]

I second you also

lol… agree :smiley:

[quote=“teamGD”]Somehow i can sense that you are fresh grad.
Welcome to the real working world. lol~[/quote]

Fresh grad? He can’t even speak english straight. He probably made this thread to give himself some hope that he’ll be able to gain without pain.

[quote=“Artowawa”]

Working hard alone wont get you very far. You got to think out of the box, be more innovative, be more initiative. Always seek to improve yourself. Do more than wat is expected in a smart way.[/quote]

Good one!!

60 sit ups to loose spare fats…

no pain, no gain.

unless you are from royal family.

fishw, dont judge people from the ways they talk on the phone or how long they spend at kopitiam. you should know how much pain they have endured before. they gain this easy life now because they sacrificed alot in the past.

if you are new to the real world, i would advise you get yourself a role model, say, your boss who is driving a 7 series.

DONT learn how he speaks to people and how he spend his money. you should learn how he swallowed all the pains and possessed the will to go on after tonnes of failures when he was young.

my humble opinion.

Well, i still believe in some part of it…^.^ but not everything that we want we must go through the pain. Find ur way~~

[quote=“k-ray”]no pain, no gain.

unless you are from royal family.

fishw, dont judge people from the ways they talk on the phone or how long they spend at kopitiam. you should know how much pain they have endured before. they gain this easy life now before they sacrificed alot in the past.

if you are new to the real world, i would advise you get yourself a role model, say, your boss who is driving a 7 series.

DONT learn how he speaks to people and how he spend his money. you should learn how he swallowed all the pains and possessed the will to go on after tonnes of failures when he was young.

my humble opinion.[/quote]

AGREED

No pain, no gain doesn’t apply to our Government 8D
Of course this apply’s to some sort of physical activity though. Yes I reckon that studying really hard doesn’t really get you anyway. I had a few friends that spend their fat life, at home in his room just staring at books all day, he got good grades of course, but he can’t do no ■■■■. Has no experience in anything neither does he even have the courage to even have the will to get a job. Well it all concluded in his pathetic clerk life now.

Agree with Mevotex and Artowawa…you see all this guys bill gates and others they have the brains to do it…just like us who knows we can create a flying car right now but we just need to think hard and research hard…it is not all about studying hard (like what my parents always force me to) but is all about our persuation to our dreams…studying is like our secondary weapon if our dream is not really that full to persue…

Oh fishw is back! No pain no Gain, hmm, that’s how life works. Who will gain something without any “pain”?? Even gaining experiences from your work need some “pain”. So, I believe it.

i believe no little pain no gain … no little k

yes it is true that u have qualifications and some dont. But sitting there talking to customers is also pain. following up deals and all that is called pain. Not studying tons of books and u expect customers to just come and buy from u just because u have a nicer cert. who cares about the cert now? if u can present urself well in a way, getting the deal closed is not a problem. no pain no gain is still applicable in this modern day world. don be booksmart. u have to be street smart as well. talking skills very important when it comes to this industry. how to handle fussy customers, avoid giving discounts and all that u don have to study tons to know how to do that. what u need is real experience. where to get that kind of experience? simple. the easiest way, go to a nite market. u see how they communicate with their customers.