Do you believe in MLM?

Multi Level Marketing, for those wondering what MLM is. Direct sales, where they approach people and start talking about their business models and their pyramid schemes. They try to sweet talk you to join their plan and start making you to sweet talk your friends and spread their cult.

Well, at least that is what I think about MLM.

Actually, I believe MLM does have its own success rate, I mean that is how there’s people successful by doing MLM full time. But the thing is, I don’t really like it when my friends, who got brainwashed by those MLM schemes and start phoning me up and ask me out to to a so called “lim teh” session, and then they start talking me to join this thing. I am so scared of them, and sometime I didnt even answer their phonecalls.

So, what’s your say about this MLM business? Anything to share?

to me… MLM people are annoying when they start to ‘haunt’ you, pushing (or rather should I say forcing) you to be their downline so that they can get more commission.

they’re freaks

You could borrow the 12" spanner from Ian la… he will teach u how to use it when you need it… it is quite handy…haha.

As for me, I always believe that we have chooses when comes to marketing… if the next time when they force you, you tell them that if join FREE… okie la… if pay… no money… see what they say…" treat people as they need to be treated" so if they treat you like sh*t, then why bother to be nice to them…correct or not… :wink:

For me MLM is one of the best business concept that are available in this real world; but the thing that irritates me about MLM are the marketers… I mean, the people who are not professional enough to do this biz.

hmmm what t say ahh?? Nothing much though but personally I just dont believe in MLM and their system. For more details about MLM around the globe, feel free to browse this website http://www.mlmwatch.org and I hope this info helps to clear most your doubt about MLM

it is important to understand the difference between pyramid schemes and MLM.

That said, people can be annoyigng.

Ah, sorry for my mistake. Did some googling and found out that pyramid schemes is different from MLM.

Seriously, is it really worthwhile to spend time in MLM?

for me is very simple, the higher up u r on the “food chain”…the more likely u will survive… :lol:

so if i’m high up the chain, i believe lo… :stuck_out_tongue:

the higher up u r on the “food chain”…the more likely u will survive…

This can be said true of Pyramid Schemes, but not in MLM, especially if you don’t do anything.

[quote=“ian”]

the higher up u r on the “food chain”…the more likely u will survive…

This can be said true of Pyramid Schemes, but not in MLM, especially if you don’t do anything.[/quote]

well, according to wikipedia is can be true…“are compensated based on their sales of products or service, as well as the sales achieved by those they bring into the business.”…when ur recruit did a good job, u earn something. i do know a company which is legit and still exist , whr thier recruit’s recruits sales will also help u.

MLM will only work well when the market is still fresh and the product is second to none.

All business can be sucess, depends how you working on… For MLM… simple say… just a stupid PONZI scheme business. For me… i dont like those PONZI business, but, i very like their “health product”.

[quote=“QueBlur”]
well, according to wikipedia is can be true…“are compensated based on their sales of products or service, as well as the sales achieved by those they bring into the business.”…when ur recruit did a good job, u earn something. i do know a company which is legit and still exist , whr thier recruit’s recruits sales will also help u.[/quote]

True, but you missed out one thing - if your recruits’ recruits etc do a good job, but you yourself fail to achieve anything at all, or do nothing - you end up with - guess what? Nothing.

And your recruits could overtake your position if they do an even better job than you. This is MLM.

In Pyramid schemes, there is no real product, and you will always be on top no matter what.

MLM will only work well when the market is still fresh and the product is second to none.

MLM is always about continuity. That’s why they encourage you to make monthly purchases. In effect, this is just like a business, you have customers purchasing your products, and you have customers who recommend you to others, and you have repeat customers, and your sales compensation is based on your performance. The market is always there, and there will not be much of a ‘fresh’ market.

‘Fresh markets’ only work in Pyramid Schemes.

The only thing about MLM is that they are a challenge to get going - not only in terms of manually getting people to believe in and purchase your products out of 10,000 other MLM businesses, and then getting them to do the business as well.

Not to mention maintenance, and the monthly meetings and the constant teaching that Pyramid schemes aren’t MLMs.

Basically put, it’s about spending 10% of your time on such meetings but 99% of the effort in that 10% for the 5% chance of success because so many more are already aiming for that success slot as you are in other MLM companies…

:roll:

The reality is that MLM is a business where everyone else in also in MLM business as you are but in different companies and competing with each other. And locked into purchasing only their products because you can’t buy from others. And your customers can just jump to another MLM business if they think its better.

In truth, it takes a lot of zeal and faith in your products, and also your customers’ faith in your MLM products to keep going.

what can we say to those MLM companies listed in the NYSE and many other major stock exchanges all over the world?

can we NOT believe in their system and their products when their turn over are in the millions and even billions?

you might came across some unpleasant encounters with their sale personnels but believe me NOT ALL are crooks or whatever you want to call them.

for me, i do believe MLM especially when their products are of value to me.

Did you know most MLM sell nutritional and herbal products but I found out most of them only have little amount of goodness in them. you can also go to any pharmacy and most of the vitamins they recommend in tablet form only carries like a certain percentage of the real dosage. bummer