Do I need a passport to go into Sarawak?

Hi,
Im from West Malaysia.
I wonder do i need to have passport to go into Sarawak?
Thanks…

Yes, you need passport to enter Sarawak and Sabah. Only Sarawakian no need passport to travel within Malaysia. Sabahan also need passport to enter Sarawak. :lol:

for west Malaysians entering Sarawak/Sabah, the MYKAD will also do, however a Malaysian passport with the completed disembarkation card will be faster in terms of immigration processing whereas with the MYKAD you’ll need to complete a separate immigration form (available at the airport disembarkation hall) which can be daunting to some :slight_smile:

[quote=“jotep1991”]Hi,
Im from West Malaysia.
I wonder do i need to have passport to go into Sarawak?
Thanks…[/quote]

definately…

West Malaysia still need to use blue passport, whether you are working or study in sarawak.

The power of Sarawak!

As a matter of fact, it’s the power of 18-Points Agreement of Sarawak, signed by our Sarawakian leaders during the formation of the federation of Malaysia with 20-Points Agreement of Sabah and Malaya. This agreement is to safeguard the local population from being overwhelmed by the more industrious Malayan in the early days of the federation. However, as the younger generations of Sarawak as well as Sabah no longer remember or knew about these agreements, there seems to be a covert attempts to bypassed many of those points agreed upon in the agreement.

[quote=“stay1”]
As a matter of fact, it’s the power of 18-Points Agreement of Sarawak, signed by our Sarawakian leaders during the formation of the federation of Malaysia with 20-Points Agreement of Sabah and Malaya. This agreement is to safeguard the local population from being overwhelmed by the more industrious Malayan in the early days of the federation. However, as the younger generations of Sarawak as well as Sabah no longer remember or knew about these agreements, there seems to be a covert attempts to bypassed many of those points agreed upon in the agreement.[/quote]

Where is “Like” button? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As a matter of fact, it’s the power of 18-Points Agreement of Sarawak, signed by our Sarawakian leaders during the formation of the federation of Malaysia with 20-Points Agreement of Sabah and Malaya. This agreement is to safeguard the local population from being overwhelmed by the more industrious Malayan in the early days of the federation. However, as the younger generations of Sarawak as well as Sabah no longer remember or knew about these agreements, there seems to be a covert attempts to bypassed many of those points agreed upon in the agreement.[/quote]

Yet they tried their very best to make us remember the so called ‘social contract’!

Before this if travel to KK from Miri via flight, no need to go through imigration. Only recently i noticed that we need to go thru immigration before boarding flight to KK or any other sabah destinations and W.P Labuan.

Yet they tried their very best to make us remember the so called ‘social contract’![/quote]

Hahaha. …the power of sarawak( don’t make me laugh ),18 points agreement of Sarawak and the so called ‘social contract’ have not stopped Malaya getting 95% of our oil revenues. Malaya aren’t bothered about changing this minor passport issue. They would if they wanted to but they just aren’t interested as its of no real benefit to them.

Sometimes i hope that a simple thread like this wouldn’t spiral to include political issues.