MIRI: A man, believed to be suffering from depression, caused panic in a hotel in Bintulu after he set rubbish on fire outside his room window.
Bintulu Fire and Rescue Department chief Di-Hatta Gobel said a hotel employee saw smoke coming out of the room rented by the 30-year-old man before contacting the department at 11.17am.
“Firefighters arrived six minutes later and persuaded (the man) to come out of the room,” he said when contacted.
The man, who had put out the fire himself, claimed that his action was to prevent the spread of viruses, he added.
Di-Hatta said he was handed over to the police for further action. — Bernama
Source: New Straits Times
Shared by MiriCommunity.net
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://miricommunity.net/depressed-man-sets-fire-in-bintulu-hotel-room-sparks-panic/