Dennis ready to serve Telang Usan community

MIRI: Incumbent for Telang Usan state constituency, Dennis Ngau is committed and ready to serve Telang Usan community for the next five years.

“I will do my best to fight and ensure Telang Usan will be under the radar of Chief Minister in the next of five years.

“Telang Usan has received more allocations and facilities from BN government and of course we need more developments in future,” he said to his supporters at Baram Night 2016 held at a leading hotel last Saturday night.

In 10th state election, Dennis of PBB secured 3597 in a four-cornered fight against Party Keadilan Rakyat’s (PKR), Harisson Ngau (2752 votes), Sarawak National Party’s, Kebing Wan (705 votes) and independent, Jok Ding (623 votes).

Dennis said, he had done his best for its people since
he was elected in 2011 and left the decision to the people to vote.

“I believe that people know what the government has brought to Telang Usan and what we have achieved for the past five years,” he said.

Dennis pointed out that among the major achievements brought to the people in the constituency was the building of the Long Lama bridge costing about RM135 million which would become an icon for Telang Usan.

The long-awaited bridge is expected to open up Baram to more opportunities in business in particular and to ease travelling among rural folks in the area who cross the Baram River to get to the clinic and town.

In this 11th state election, PKR is set to field lawyer Roland Engan to contest against Dennis in Telang Usan.

Roland was PKR candidate for Baram parliamentary seat in the 13th general election but he lost to BN’s Anyi Ngau who won by a majority of 194 votes only.

Meanwhile, Mulu constituency candidates, Dato Gerawat Gala wished to make Mulu as a model for the rural constituency.

“I wish to make Mulu as a model for the rural constituency. Mulu is a brand new constituency which has huge potential to be developed into tourism and agro-based industry,” he said.

He said Mulu community did not have other choice besides the BN government that had been known for bringing development to the areas.

“Thus, I hope people here will open up their minds and votes for BN on this coming election,” he added.

Gerawat has been named as BN direct candidate for Mulu.

He is a lawyer by profession and the president of Federation of Orang Ulu Associations (Forum).

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/04/18/dennis-ready-to-serve-telang-usan-community/