Cuti on Malaysia Day (16 Sept) start next year

Larry Sng

Larry Sng YAM PM Najib declares September 16 as Malaysia Day from next year. It will be a public holiday.
45 seconds ago via Facebook for BlackBerry Comment Like

http://www.dun.sarawak.gov.my/larrysngphoto1_2006.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 … #/larrysng

Stolen from The Star http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

Published: Monday October 19, 2009 MYT 10:34:00 AM
Updated: Monday October 19, 2009 MYT 11:17:34 AM
Malaysia Day now a public holiday. says PM
By YENG AI CHUN

KUALA LUMPUR: Beginning next year, Sept 16, which is Malaysia Day has been declared a public holiday.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said the day would involve activities that would foster the 1Malaysia spirit.

He added this meant Malaysians would have a twin celebration, to commemorate the countrys independence starting next year

Najib said National Day on Aug 31 would be celebrated with formal events such as a parade to commemorate the historical moment and it would remind the people about the struggle in achieving independence from the colonists.

He made the announcement during the question-and-answer session at Parliament on Monday.

Najib said Sabah and Sarawak, which joined Malaysia in 1963 and the formation of Malaysia as an independent country was a very important moment in history.

We want the joy and sorrows of the people in Sabah and Sarawak to be felt by the people in the Peninsula, he said.

Therefore, I would like to announce to the people of Malaysia that the Cabinet has recently made the decision to celebrate Hari Malaysia on Sept 16 starting 2010.

Malaysia Day would be celebrated with events that would foster closer unity, understanding between the different races and community success and achievement through sports, social culture and arts, to spur the 1Malaysia spirit, he added.

great news :smiley:

add one more holiday to the year

another reason to drink…

What’s happening in Malaysia, don’t you think we have enough holidays??? more holidays=less productivity

I know is Russian have only 3 days of national holiday…

lol, another holiday :roll:

Sweet, just saw this new public holiday in our Sarawak Almanac 2010:

http://www.jacksonliaw.com/2010/02/20/s … anac-2010/

Malaysia Boleh, the only country to have 2 independence day…waahooo

It’s not independence lah bro. It’s the day marking the partnership or alliance between Sabah/Sarawak and tanah melayu or semenajung tanah melayu on 16th Sept.

16th September Only then Malaysia exist…

31st August is Malaya Independence…

Aduh, not that I’m against the idea but really public holidays are too many here in Malaysia. Work flow have been distorted quite badly. Guess that’s why some employer opt to lessen annual leaves like that so I can’t really blame them.

It’s the day marking the partnership or alliance between Sabah/Sarawak and tanah melayu or semenajung tanah melayu on 16th Sept.[/quote]

it sounds like a new alliance is a new independence or else this kind of alliance also want holiday kah…or someone just wanna fish vote for next election?

It’s the day marking the partnership or alliance between Sabah/Sarawak and tanah melayu or semenajung tanah melayu on 16th Sept.[/quote]

it sounds like a new alliance is a new independence or else this kind of alliance also want holiday kah…or someone just wanna fish vote for next election?[/quote]
Of course… so long already most people in Sarawak/Sabah knows that without the alliance from Sabah & Sarawak, malaysia will become melayu raya. But, old folks forgot about Sabah & Sarawak after they gain independence, come to our place only when election is around the corner to give kenduri (party) or some money for the rakyat which is truly rakyat money… no need election also can give, but because of almost election must make majority party look good.

Anyway, to learn more about our (Sabah/Sarawak) partnership or alliance agreement, you can read it from my thread in MC.net

But all in all, holiday is good for the people… so those malaya will know we exist and a holiday is observe to commemorate that day… and are we going to see any video/movie clips or education flicks on why we celebrate 16 sept holiday?? I may be asking too much… but i do hope they will make it…

Then sarawak dont nid 31st August lo…

Only 16th September :smiley:

Sounds like a good plan… observe the holiday on 31st Aug, but don’t celebrate it… Hahahaha! truly Sarawakian!

Sarawak didnt independence on 16 of Sept also what…it just joined Melayu Raya…lul…

bodoh… sudah berapa tahun baru mengenalikan 16hb Sept sebagai cuti Sabah & Sarawak?
dunno u guy y so happy about that? They owe us how many year’s of holiday?
holiday for me just nothing an important issue to me, but the history of Sabah & Sarawak Independence Day should be celebrate from beginning!!
but i salute to our Perdana Menteri, dia yang tahun apa itu sejarah!!!
thanks you very much!

53x 1 so 53 days of holiday! lol…

I sokong Najib hehe Thanks for recognising 16th Sept :smiley:

Althought it makes it sound like politics… Since it makes us sokong BN more :smiley:

sokong sokong jugaa…tapi pangkah lain…heehhe