Customer first? or gaming first?

There is a cyber cafe opposite 5050 cafe its in the area of 2020 cafe ( Pelita Commercial Center). This popular cyber cafe is called “Progress”. Since I was in middle school to high school (form 1 to form 5) this was the usual place where my friends and I play our games. I really admire this particular cyber cafe because it has a lot of games and anything a gamer want no to mention the cleanliness there it is something you can’t find around. Usually the owner would be in-charge of the cyber cafe. But after a few years he hired a few teenagers (19 to 30 years of age) to take over the management sometimes.

RECENTLY,

There was this new worker that was in-charge of the counter section, but his attitude was different compare to other people who took in-charge of. On the day I went there I wanted to get a sitting place to play so I went to the counter and ask for the PC card number ( If you want to play longer and pay after you are done you can tell the counter by saying " PC number 23 open" etc). But on that day I said what PC number I wanted and said open, but he ask me how many hours I wanted to play. I was confuse because I never actually ask how many hours I want to play but play until I’m done like giving back the PC card number and pay up. I told again saying the number of the PC and said “open” and ask me again how long do you want to play? Don’t want to cause any problem so I said 2 hours only. The most shocking part for me is he raise his voice sounding like wanting to shout at me. I have some stories from my friend also saying that he was racist to some customer who went there. (note before any misunderstanding statement its read please note that not all of the people I say is bad) My friend told me that he was treating the chinese people well but other people like malay and bumiputera differently, I didn’t actually bother about it until I also did encounter it.

I don’t want to name and shame the cyber cafe but my friends and I have been a frequent customer to that cyber cafe and we like to go there because of its comfortable, a nice play to have fun with friends, relaxing also. We never had any problems until this year which is 2013 we had that problem. ( To me we are not to sure but maybe sometime he is mad because we disrupt him in his gaming session).

gotta give it a try since im one of the gaming kaki :slight_smile: . anyway , whats his name ?

I don’t know the name but its a male. Chinese male. The place is a good place, previous person who control the counter other then the owner is much much better compare to this. Its the customer service I don’t like now, the rest I have nothing a single thing to complain about at all.

I used to like going to progress,The previous worker with orange hair was so friendly.Now this new guy just has a sour face and makes every little problem a big one.He kills my mood everytime I go there.Makes me wanna stop going there.

I agree with him. :x

I face same issue not along ago, That time me and my cousin decide to play some dota on midnight. When i arrived to the counter no one was there and we are like a fool standing infront the desk waiting to be serve. After 5-10 minute then he come from the client pc and I am sure he notice me standing there because his pc was near to the counter . i also sense his behavior not very friendly toward us ( not sure because we are not Chinese)

call progress ming let him kno lo

call progress ming let him kno lo

Better if someone can give me a call and let him know of the staff attitude.

Last time, when i went there with my friends. We got some issue loggin to the game. And, my friend keep prompt him for assistance. He was like “Bo Chap” and provide us the wrong guidance. We ended spending 1hr without playing any game. We feel pissed, and decided not to go to progress anymore after that.

We try to find Ming or Patrick that time, but they are not around. Probably due to CNY.

Sincerely hope someone can report to Ming. Thanks!

Hmmmm noted. You guys should MSG or whatsapp at 016 8556989(patrick) bah. Complain to him. Or pm Me.

are u one of the management staff ?

I don’t know the name but its a male. Chinese male. The place is a good place, previous person who control the counter other then the owner is much much better compare to this. Its the customer service I don’t like now, the rest I have nothing a single thing to complain about at all.[/quote]
I see . Its been a long time since i go to progress . Play at MCC2020 , those staff are quite friendly .

I honestly prefer planet cafe now,I’ve been a loyal customer of progress since the old days they were on top of hot cross bun. But with this new worker I can never see myself ever going back again.

aiya we go there to play games ma …

just play, pay and go haha … no need to socialize with the workers :stuck_out_tongue:

For what i think, you guys just being childish. Try to think base from his perspective. Working 9 hours non-stop and have to face every customers. Not tired also impossible.
Seriously if you think he treat Chinese well than others race, i dare to say you are not friendly enough and you yourself is a racist kid. :wink:

lol new account created juz to post that :mrgreen:

[quote=“Seriously”]For what i think, you guys just being childish. Try to think base from his perspective. Working 9 hours non-stop and have to face every customers. Not tired also impossible.
Seriously if you think he treat Chinese well than others race, i dare to say you are not friendly enough and you yourself is a racist kid. :wink:[/quote]
Well its call working . be professional :slight_smile:

[quote=“Seriously”]For what i think, you guys just being childish. Try to think base from his perspective. Working 9 hours non-stop and have to face every customers. Not tired also impossible.
Seriously if you think he treat Chinese well than others race, i dare to say you are not friendly enough and you yourself is a racist kid. :wink:[/quote]

This guy had the same attitude!!! :lol:

Attitude is important!!!

My uncle who is working as construction worker at kuching, work daily under hot sun, bath with sweat, more than 12 hours daily, tiredness is never an issue, already 55 years old and when come back still have a good smile on the face to give, laughter is all around him too. i really salute him alot. People think bangla / indon can do it only, now that’s racist.

Why this can’t be happen to some one who work 9 hours non-stop “GAMING pressure” under fully air-conditioning place. Why don’t HE, the one, think base from ‘other’ perspective?

[quote=“ALBHmiri”][quote=“Seriously”]For what i think, you guys just being childish. Try to think base from his perspective. Working 9 hours non-stop and have to face every customers. Not tired also impossible.

This guy had the same attitude!!! :lol:[/quote]

Thanks for the support guys. :smiley:
I will try to contact the number you guys gave me.

Yes working in an air-condition place greeting customer and giving them cards for 9 hours is such a suffering job.I don’t think I ever said any racial remarks about him either.Just that his attitude is that of a 6 year old.