Curtin's Open Day

We would like to inform you that the University and Student Council is in the midst of organising Curtin Open Day. This year, Open Day will be combined with Curtin Carnival to create a bigger and exciting event for our community.

The following are details of the event:
Date: 9 September 2007 (Sunday)
Time: 10am - 9pm
Venue: Curtin Sarawak Campus

[All activities will end at 5pm except for main stage entertainment and food stalls]

For more information, visit http://openday.curtin.edu.my

p/s: We are still in the midst of updating and inserting more information for the website.

Will update you more from time to time so stay tune… :wink:

We will start selling coupons to the public in conjunctions of the Open Day event so stay tune for the location notification. :wink:

Check tis dates:

SATURDAY ( 25/8/07)
2-8pm

SUNDAY ( 26/8/07)
2-8pm

SATURDAY ( 1/9/07)
2-8pm

SUNDAY ( 2/9/07)
2-8pm

We will be distributing Curtin Open Day leaflets and selling coupons on those date at Bintang Plaza shopping complex. So see you there… :wink:

Cheers!!! :smiley:

Curtin’s Open Day is just round d corner…do drop by at the campus for moral support.

Cheers… :smiley:

I also have a few coupons in hand for sale.

oh, dun misjudge me as my bro ok?
rambut x sama, perut pun x sama…
hahahaha

Hi, Ladybird!
I’ll drop by to lend some moral support… can we meet for some delicious parasites (your dish?) and fish (my dish) later?

By the way, I was told by an Indian prof that about 70% of the present students are ‘hopeless’ (his exact words) in English and the English standard of new students are increasingly worse each consecutive year …True or not??? :roll:

Do you think Curtin will hire a language expert-a funny money grabbing ‘mercenary’- like me to help out?
:wink:

Not only student, there are actually some LECTURERS bad in English that you just can’t believe it.

they need intensive courses to master the basics of english, before entering the main course of the Uni. Else, they won’t understand any crap in the lecture hall.

i agree with soulfly…some of the lecturers really need to polish their english…

The English standard was at its peak during the mid 60s and 70s in Sarawak. I don’t know if anyone has noticed it - we’re all in the midst of a decline in educational standards. Period. Why do we keep producing so many A students? The answer was simple - the standard was set to low.

Considering some of the things I keep hearing from kids about what their teachers told them.

Anyway Ladybird, sorry I missed it - been meaning to go but Im all tied up at the whole week. Cupid, I noticed that you replied at 9pm on the 2nd September, and the Open Day ends at 5pm 2nd September…

Just a gentle reminder to the public, below are the details on Curtin’s Open Day for your reference;

[All activities will end at 5pm except for main stage entertainment and food stalls]

Guys, this post is purely on the upcoming Curtin’s Open Day therefore I appreciate your contribution in terms of moral support by attending it rather than posting your negative comment on the lecturers.

If you wish to condemn the respective person or the respective organisation, by all mean please do it in another post where everybody can share their thoughts and minds.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It’s ok. :smiley:

[quote=“Cupid”]Hi, Ladybird!
I’ll drop by to lend some moral support… can we meet for some delicious parasites (your dish?) and fish (my dish) later? [/quote]

Thanks 4 d support n 2 prove tat u really mean it, I have 10 coupons standby here 4 u 2 purchase 4 a delicious varieties of fish meal. I’ll have your name printed on a banner at the main entrance 2 guide 4 2 the coupons. :wink:

My say here, who is he 2 come out wif such statement?? By coming out with such statement means he is questioning the Ministry of Higher Education credibility in approving the entry requirement into such program.

Plus if he finds d stu r increasingly worse each consecutive year, wat sort of effort hs he contribute 2 tackle n handle d prob??? If he find tis a prob 4 him then quit. Coz tis job dsnt suit him as an educator. An educator dsnt jst teach bt its byond than tat. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Cupid”]Do you think Curtin will hire a language expert-a funny money grabbing ‘mercenary’- like me to help out?
:wink:[/quote]
If u r sincere in helping out, do the necessary arrangement. Don’t jst talk ■■■■ here. :twisted:

2 Curtin’s student who r reading this post, should you have any prob wt yr respective lecturers, do it the proper way, tats y d Student Council is ter 4 u. 2 me, its very un-appropriate 4 u 2 spill d beans here coz by d n of d day, d negative feedback goes bck 2 u as a Curtin’s student.

[quote=“LadyBird”]Just a gentle reminder to the public, below are the details on Curtin’s Open Day for your reference;

[All activities will end at 5pm except for main stage entertainment and food stalls][/quote]

Oops. Oh okay, I’ll see if I can make that one. It’s been quite a while I haven’t been to Curtin.

Want to be there also…

If you have always wondered what it will be like to be behind the camera, how movies are made, what it takes to think outside the box, what chemical engineers do or how science works, make sure you get to this years Curtin Open Day . Open your eyes to all that you have always wondered about. There are also entertainment, giveaways and loads more on-campus activities. Stand a chance to win a Nintendo Wii, ipod shuffle, ipod nano and many more for the lucky draw prizes.

Key Events:

• Course, admission and scholarship advise
  • Exciting main stage entertainment
  • Fun activities at the Kids Corner [Clown, balloon sculpting, bouncy castle & etc]
  • Competitions, quizzes and challenges with plenty of attractive prizes
  • Campus tours
  • A wide variety of food stalls
  • Career talk by corporate organisations [Schlumberger, CIMA, Castle Employment & etc]
  • Interactive activities for all ages

This is a good opportunity for photographer too out there to take some shots on that day… :smiley: