Countries with cheapest petrol prices

So, you complain about petrol getting expensive? How’s your country fare against other nations? Here’s a list of the 20 countries with cheapest petrol prices (in US$)

[b]1. Venezuela

• $0.05/L
  1. Libya
  • $0.15/L
  1. Saudi Arabia
  • $0.16/L
  1. Algeria
  • $0.21/L
  1. Qatar
  • $0.22/L
  1. Turkmenistan
  • $0.22/L
  1. Kuwait
  • $0.23/L
  1. Bahrain
  • $0.27/L
  1. Oman
  • $0.31/L
  1. Egypt
  • $0.32/L
  1. UAE
  • $0.37/L
  1. Brunei
  • $0.39/L
  1. Iran
  • $0.40/L
  1. Nigeria
  • $0.44/L
  1. Ecuador
  • $0.53/L
  1. Malaysia
  • $0.54/L
  1. Mexico
  • $0.56/L
  1. Indonesia
  • $0.59/L
  1. Burma
  • $0.60/L
  1. Guayana
  • $0.60/L

In comparison

USA

• $0.708/L

Singapore

• $1.29/L

Japan

• $1.37/L

France

• $1.82/L

UK

• $1.85/L

Germany

• $1.90/L

Turkey

• $2.44[/b]
  1. Venezuela
  • $0.05/L

Wow!!
now that’s cheap!

where is ur reference?

That could be subsidised, and subsidy is not good for a nation.

Brunei recently removed fuel subsidy yesterday.

reference from deutsche gesellschaft fr technische zusammenarbeit, a big document (7.5MB) if u wanna see http://www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/gtz2009- … ersion.pdf

brunei removed subsidy for one day yesterday in commemoration of save energy day, today subsidies back.

[quote=“Eugene91”]That could be subsidised, and subsidy is not good for a nation.

Brunei recently removed fuel subsidy yesterday.[/quote]

it doesn’t matter if gomen save billions from removing subsidies, nothing good comes out of it if the billions saved falls into the hand of those corrupted ppl who manages it.

back to square one, the corrupted ppl getting fatter. more development to peninsular only.

we s’wak here still get “the most perfect” road condition on earth. (u know what i mean)

subsidies is not necessary evil, the countries in top list, they are authoritarian and corrupt, subsidies is given just to keep population happy so anger is not directed against the ruling totalitarian gov’t - the top people up there steal billions hence countries lack progress. these countries give bad impression subsidies is bad.

properly used, subsidies give people more spending power (extra money) to instead purchase other goods & services, directly benefiting the commercial & industry sectors, thereby boosting national economy.

[quote=“Eugene91”]That could be subsidised, and subsidy is not good for a nation.

If U harvest a banana from jungle then sell it below market price, then the price dispute can’t be called as subsidy. Most of the Malaysian’s get brain wash by the rulling Government so don’t watch TV1, TV2 & TV3 too much. Use U internet.

[quote=“orlando”][quote=“Eugene91”]That could be subsidised, and subsidy is not good for a nation.

If U harvest a banana from jungle then sell it below market price, then the price dispute can’t be called as subsidy. Most of the Malaysian’s get brain wash by the rulling Government so don’t watch TV1, TV2 & TV3 too much. Use U internet.[/quote]

Use your Economics :wink:

How about you make a real comparison i.e. GDP vs price of petrol. THEN we can see the real picture

dat is the correct way to compare

$0.05/L may look small to us but it is big in poor country

i don’t get it, how can gdp judge whether a country is poor or rich? indonesia has the biggest gdp in southeast asia so its the richest?

i presume u mean gdp per capita?

i dont see australias prices? when i was there 2 years ago it was $aud 1.85/L

mevotex, where did you get this list from? can you cite the website or article?

gotta protest that people often overlook my post

from the beginning of this thread, count down, post #5

brunei only remove the subsidy for ONE DAY ONLY in conjunction with eco friendly green campaign. now the price already back to cheap cheap lo. :mrgreen: