Cop’s wife fights off snatch thief

By ANDREW SAGAYAM

SUBANG JAYA: A 48-year-old teacher suffered head and bodily injuries during a scuffle with a snatch thief who escaped empty handed.

Zainah Abu Bakar, a senior assistant at a secondary school in USJ here and married to a senior police officer, fought off the thief who then fled on a motorcycle.

She was with her headmistress at the Mentari Business Park when the incident took place three days ago.

Both women wanted to go to a Tabung Haji branch in the area.

Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Muhammad Fuad Talib said Zainah had got down from her car and placed her handbag on the car when the motorcyclist sped towards them.

The thief snatched her handbag but she quickly turned around and grabbed his hand and a struggle broke out.

While holding on to his arm, she cried out for help and this alerted passers-by. The thief, realising that he would be caught, released the handbag and fled. However Zainah fell and suffered injuries, ACP Muhammad Fuad said.

Zainah, who suffered bruises on her head, hands and shoulders, was rushed to Subang Jaya Medical Centre where she was warded.

She is married to Subang Jaya district police Internal Security and Public Order chief Deputy Supt Rosli Abd Rahman.

It is learnt that the injuries Zainah suffered in the incident worsened an old injury she had on her right shoulder.

She is having trouble moving her right arm but we are all praying for a speedy recovery, DSP Rosli said.

Anyone with information on the incident can contact Rakan COP hotline at 03-2115 9999, send an SMS to PolisKL 32728 or call the district police headquarters at 03-8948 4822.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Muhammad Fuad Talib said Zainah had got down from her car and placed her handbag on the car when the motorcyclist sped towards them.

I’m not saying that she’s totally at fault - but she at least should’ve been more careful and more observant.

Lapse of concentration…must always be vigilant…not easy…but must try.

I applaud her actually… at least she managed to realise and was quick enough to grab hold of the theif.

That goes without saying :slight_smile:

Looks like they are all out looking for those snatch thieves…coz I drove out around selangor area and they where stopping motorbikes and holding down most of the highways…