[COMPARISON] MicroSD memory card and M2 memory card

I don’t know much about the new types of memory card so i need some info and feedback on these 2 types… I went to buy a memory card for my phone earlier today. My phone needs M2 memory card. So i went to the shop, asked the boss for the pricing of 1 GB M2 memory card. He quoted it at RM 68. After thinking a while i agreed to purchase it and asked him to put some songs too. After everything done i just took my phone and went on my way. Been busy whole day and just reach home now. Wanted to copy some of my old stuff into the new card when i took it out i noticed the card i bought is a MicroSD card…

So my question is… how is this possible? Can MicroSD cards be used on phones that use M2 cards? Is RM 68 for a 1GB MicroSD card reasonable or have i just been ripped off?

Performance wise, is M2 better or MicroSD better?

Thanks in advance for the information and opinions.

MicroSD and M2 are totally different memory cards… MicroSD is slightly smaller than M2, if compared in width…

If the device say supports MicroSD then get MicroSD.

So far only 1 phone supports both M2 and MicroSD together, which is K850… other devices if they say M2 then M2, Do not and never insert a microsd into it…

[quote=“StratOS”]MicroSD and M2 are totally different memory cards… MicroSD is slightly smaller than M2, if compared in width…

If the device say supports MicroSD then get MicroSD.

So far only 1 phone supports both M2 and MicroSD together, which is K850… other devices if they say M2 then M2, Do not and never insert a microsd into it…[/quote]

oh i see… so is RM 68 for a 1 GB MicroSD card reasonable? How about performance wise? Which is better?

RM68 is a gud price la…

performance wise M2 is faster… hard to say also sumtimes… the performance of the memory card aint much of a difference actually… and hard to say which is better also… to determine the quality depends on the brand… not the type of memory card…

[quote=“StratOS”]RM68 is a gud price la…

performance wise M2 is faster… hard to say also sumtimes… the performance of the memory card aint much of a difference actually… and hard to say which is better also… to determine the quality depends on the brand… not the type of memory card…[/quote]

I see, M2 is Sony right? the MicroSD card that i got is SanDisk. Good or not good?

Sorry for asking so much but i don’t know why i just kinda feel that i’ve been ripped off or something coz i asked for a 1 GB M2 card and i got a 1GB MicroSD card instead.

SanDisk brand is well known in making memory product… no worries…

M2 normally are for Sony products only…

u should have asked properly and checked before u left the counter…

[quote=“StratOS”]SanDisk brand is well known in making memory product… no worries…

M2 normally are for Sony products only…

u should have asked properly and checked before u left the counter…[/quote]

I didn’t ask that much cause i always go to that phone shop to buy stuff ma… so indirectly that shop is a trusted shop. But somehow i feel not “song” and feel like i was cheated so i needed to make sure of the details and information on the two different products and pricing before i go back and complain.

Price wise, how much does a 1 GB M2 cost nowadays?

Question now, is a 1GB Sandisk MicroSD faster and more stable than a 1GB Sony M2 ?

1GB M2 i sell RM70 la… here shop selling rm 1xx…

Both stable… faster i think is m2 faster…

Any other care to help me out and input their opinions please.

Expensive…can get that 1G microSD for about RM2X :smiley:

Not only Sony come out with M2 memory cards. Sandisk does have M2 cards.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2697/sandiskm2qx8.jpg

There’s lots of counterfeit though. Do make sure yours comes with the original sticker, and the distributor’s sticker. You can see a list of sandisk reseller/distributor here:
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Buy.aspx?f=4&id=1160

Oh, I bought it last year, which explains quite high price. :smiley: I think this card is sold at RM60-70 now.

Some people say SanDisk’s m2 is better than Sony’s. For me, it’s all the same! Hahahaha…

is this in miri?

if u stick to sony products then m2 memory stick shud be no problem. standard all the way. The same goes to nokia/samsung/LG/motorola etc since they use mini/micro SD. The problem comes when u change from sony ericsson to nokia and then to samsumg/LG/motorola, too many different formats. u also dont know which one is faster also.

is this in miri?[/quote]

from lowyat.net forum…courier charges to here not more than rm10 for sure lah

another LYN member…? may i know from which seller…? how come never come across such price 1…?

yea…there are many memory card sellers there…for example, 1 of them http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/637475

hmm… the price not bad… haha… forumer jack7155 also having a cheap memory card sales,…