Coming polls will be unfair to opposition — Sibu MP

SIBU: Sibu MP Oscar Ling believes the coming state election will be unfair and very disadvantageous to opposition parties.

He said with the delineation exercise whereby 11 new seats were created to favour the ruling government the BN also had the advantages of using the government resources and machinery to campaign against the opposition parties.

‘This is very unfair to us and we need to work very hard in order to counter all the setbacks,” he added.

Ling said he also heard rumours that Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Adenan Satem might even resort to banning all opposition top guns from the Peninsular Malaysia from coming over to campaign for them.

“He wants to ensure that the BN will wrest all the seats back, especially those taken by DAP in the last election and we believe he will stop these opposition leaders from the Peninsula from coming to campaign for us,” he added.

Ling, however, said the people were the best judges and they should think carefully before they vote this election.

Lanang MP Alice Lau, meanwhile, said the street lighting problem at Tun Ahmad Zaidi Road (in front of Sing Kwong Supermarket) was continuing to haunt the local people.

She said the stretch was so dark at night that accident could happen at any time as what had happened two nights ago.

“Since I was elected Sibu MP two years ago, I have brought up this matter in Parliament but so far the authorities are not taking any steps to install the street lighting at the stretch.”

Lau described it as very unfortunate, especially now that the stretch was heavily utilised by outstation motorists as a by-pass for the Kuching-Miri route.

Pelawan assemblyman David Wong echoed the statements made by DAP state chief Chong Chieng Jen that the government would use the outcome of the coming election as a benchmark to revise the goods and services tax (GST).

He said the people could only blame the 23 BN MPs in the state for the passing of the GST in Parliament last year.

“Had these MPs abstained from voting the people need not have to bear the burden to pay the GST,” he added.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/04/02/coming-polls-will-be-unfair-to-opposition-sibu-mp/