*Closed*

Helo sifu (s)

Kindly help me, I’m in dilemma right now. I’m buying my 1st car soon, yet haven’t decided what car yet. A typical girl, I only know a few things abt cars, and honestly I’m aiming Mazda 2 only because of it’s look and because i can afford the car, and because it’s rare OTR. Yeah i know, shud have test drive the car , do research etc but the more I read , the more i’m getting confused, esp when there’s too many bad reviews on the car.

So pls, kindly advise, what car shud I buy, considering that I’m a girl, amateur driver, this gonna be my 1st car, can afford installment of rm800-900 per month and the most important thing, I plan to hand over the car to my dad after a few years knowing that his current car ( Avanza ) is getting old and he’s definitely not going to buy any car after this.and he used to drive Unser as well. so I want to pass a decent car to him that at least at par with avanza. If it’s only me, I would have already go for myvi or a 2nd hand car…

Appreciate if u can suggest based on my need and other things such as fuel consumption and price wise.

Thank you and advance, looking forward to read supportive suggestion/ advice from u guys :slight_smile:

p/s: asking my dad what car he want is definitely not the solution :wink: he would be mad if he know i’m considering him in my plan

if I can afford a car of that price range, I definitely won’t choose all four. But since there’s only four choices, I would go for vios if i were you. Rush is out. I heard Forte is good, but not sure about reliability, and parts availability. Honda not too bad, but if you can afford the maintenance, shouldn’t be a problem. No comment on Mazda 2. My personal choice, VIOS. Hope this helps a bit in your dilemma

No really, that are just a few names of car… u can suggest anything reasonable :slight_smile: for now there’s only mazda2 in my mind but like i said, i’m getting confused now…

anyway thanks :slight_smile:

if me i choose City :mrgreen:

Avanza ? Unser? To your dad after few years? Since that you emphasise more on your dad.
MPV:
Proton Exora Bold 1.6 CamPro CFE(Charged Fuel Efficient) might be one… 12.XXKM/l @90km/h according to Proton…

If emphasis on yourself then get a City or Forte…

ford fiesta S? much better than mazda 2, in my humble opinion.

if u gonna invest more, get volks wagon polo. there is only one in miri now.

[quote=“Eugene91”]Avanza ? Unser? To your dad after few years? Since that you emphasise more on your dad.
MPV:
Proton Exora Bold 1.6 CamPro CFE(Charged Fuel Efficient) might be one… 12.XXKM/l @90km/h according to Proton…

If emphasis on yourself then get a City or Forte…[/quote]

urmm i shud have stated earlier. I’m not emphasizing on mpv. what am trying to say was, he’s driving an imported car (although not as expensive as some of u are driving) but to hand over a local car or 2nd hand car for to him is not my choice, u know better why. After almost driving toyota, i feel weird to pass him proton/ perodua. And he drive mpv because there were 6 of us before, now just left the couple, my parents.

[quote=“k-ray”]ford fiesta S? much better than mazda 2, in my humble opinion.

if u gonna invest more, get volks wagon polo. there is only one in miri now.[/quote]

Thought of Fiesta before but my housemate + some best friends already bought one recently. So i’m thinking of being different. Afterall it’s my money and there’s no doubt Fiesta suits my needs. Definitely will re-think on it :slight_smile:

VW Polo? too much higher than my affordability :slight_smile: and I don’t think we call it an investment when we buy car, no?

prefer honda city :slight_smile:

i guess you already have it in your mind – hybrid is never a good idea. complexity and maintenance can ruin your parent’s mood of driving one.

peugeot 308. in miri there is only one seen so far, and it’s brunei plate.

come think about this – polo - fiesta = rm30k gap. what is 30k to you if compared to your parents, when it is divided by 9 years? u want to be different, at the same time you want to let go of used stuff to your father without making him lose face. you are right when you say perodua and proton are nonsense. toyota and honda don’t feel kick-ass since your father is driving one now. so? get yourself (and him) a german. win-win.

what would u choose then? I’ve heard before people said better get Mazda2 than city/vios on performance wise… but i couldn’t care less to make a further research on that :stuck_out_tongue: anyway interior wise, people suggest city/vios… what say u?

Buy a second hand old merc.
Old, but merc that are kept in good condition will still run better than all for of those.

I’ve drove both Vios & City… for me I prefer City. With that kind of budget… for me I’ll choose FORTE. A car that hardly to reject… complete with all modern accessories ie reverse camera, air bags, push start button (good for prevent car theft) & lot’s more. Spare? Even honda & toyota spare also not that cheap.

+1 for Forte again

But do note that the Fuel Consumption might be high due to the ‘performance’ engine… so… again if you’re more concerned about FC go for City :roll:

Where will you mostly travel with the car? Do you do long distance driving often? look like you have about 110k budget for a new car.

My personal opinion:

1. Rush - high-ride vehicle, good for lady. good for flood situation sometime. more utilization. since your dad is driving avanza, he wil also prefer high-rider model.
  2. Vios - outlook and price is ok. cabin design not really appreciate. narrow rear seat space comparing to city.
  3. City - good engine. Spacey and comfortable rear seat design, it can be inclined to serve comfort to human back support position especially to olds. good sound system too. nice cockpit design.
  4. Forte 2.0 - nice outlook, 10 air bags, good sound system. comfortable rear seat too. good power due to 2.0L, price arange also good to buyer.
  5. Mazda 2 - are you refering to hatch back or sedan model? with its price, i would go for ford fiesta 1.6 hatch back. they are from same manufacturer platform. a small car that is good to travel in town.

Mitsubishi?

city FC also not very good

ASM, why not wait for Hyundai Elantra as you wanted to be different. I know the feeling of looking ordinary when you drive cars like Vios, City,…all too common. Being Hyundai, it might come with a 5 year or 350,000km warranty.
See http://paultan.org/2011/12/15/hyundai-e … assembled/

This unit will solve your problem. Believe me…

[attachment=0]Prado TZ.JPG[/attachment]

[quote=“JAIS”]This unit will solve your problem. Believe me…

[attachment=0]Prado TZ.JPG[/attachment][/quote]

how $$ bro :shock: