The day-to-day activities:
- Taking the lead to bring about quality ride-hailing to the Sibu, Sarikei, Bintulu & Miri area, increasing ridership and creating value to the local population.
- Managing the balance between supply (drivers) and demand (passengers) so that each booking that is made gets allocated to a driver effectively. This involves paying close attention into data dashboards which shows demand heatmap (which location has high bookings), online rate and utilization rate of drivers.
- Look into opportunities for local partnerships for short term cross promotional campaigns as well as long term strategic initiatives to continue to build demand and position Grab for future growth.
- Handle support of drivers locally (Whatsapp mainly) and build relationship with a group of ‘alpha’ drivers.
- Works closely with the Region Manager on strategy to build Grab’s brand and presence in your area.
- Interfaces between driver teams, and functional (marketing, payment, admin) support teams.
- Manage cost per ride to drive sustainable growth.
- Key success factors for this role includes an acute business and commercial acumen, strong excel and modelling skills, a systematic and methodical mindset towards data and analytics, and the ability to work independently in a start-up environment.
The must haves:
- 3 years’ experience managing operations that requires quick decision making, data-oriented; also working with cross functional teams.
- Familiar with the demography and socio-economic matters in the Sibu, Sarikei, Bintulu & Miri area.
- Preferably degree in with quantitative discipline including but not limited to Statistics, Economics and Mathematics
- Fits into Grab’s culture of Outserving our customers and Your Problem is My Problem.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel in particular.
- Must be analytical and data-driven.
- Familiar with using social media to track marketing effectiveness.
- Takes initiatives and willing to take calculated risks to implement new concepts & plans.
- Be an analytical thinker, always questioning why are things the way they are and how can you do it better.
- Is always up for a challenge and constantly thinking about ‘how can it be done’ and ‘how can it be further improved