Celcom Broadband 3G available in Krokop area

McNet members,

Just to let everyone know that Celcom 3G is now available around Columbia Asia Medical Center. Had just sign-up to Celcom Broadband, Average speed is +/- 830kbps download and 70kbps upload. Pretty fast. Could be better. Able to achieve 3.0Mbps at Faradale Garden during test. I’m able to run Youtube on 2 laptops with no lags. Surely better than deConnexion for now.

where is Faradale Garden?? How much u have to pay per month for that kinda connection??

Faradale Garden is located behind the row of shops along Jln Bulan Sabit, just after the traffic lights at Court Mammoth. I signed up for unlimited package costing RM98/- per month. Own wireless router and USB Modem.

wah quite expensive oso… I wonder if it can play online DOTA and CS???

stay1, what is your IP address? Is it the same as everyone else who are on C3G?

Good question! How do I obtain the IP address? :oops: I can see IP address assigned by my home wireless router but not for HSDPA USB Modem. Any idea where to look?

Yes,it’s quite expensive…but hey! what is cheap nowadays? even basic loaf of bread is now RM2.50!

My daughter is playing Maplestory online now with no problem. Not sure if it’s online DOTA & CS…too advance for me :mrgreen:

Unlimited? Sure or not, last time my friend told me that there is 3GB limit(download+upload).

You’re right. Advance plan does comes with fair usage policy of 5GB/month. I suppose “unlimited” until you hit the 5GB limit, then what happen after that?
:?

Good question! How do I obtain the IP address? :oops: I can see IP address assigned by my home wireless router but not for HSDPA USB Modem. Any idea where to look?[/quote]

http://whatismyip.com/

i tell u my experience for 3g celcom broadband. My area at skudai Johor. I only can access at night time or non peak hour eventhough it say unlimited. Coz my area all student, all crazy for rmvb.

stay1, give us ur new comment after u used for about 2 weeks or 1 week. hehehe

Good question! How do I obtain the IP address? :oops: I can see IP address assigned by my home wireless router but not for HSDPA USB Modem. Any idea where to look?[/quote]

http://whatismyip.com/[/quote]

IP address 219.93.152.130

Ok. Will keep you posted. Hope Celcom don’t start throttling back. So far so good.

that is FAST…so much faster than my streamxy lah…my streamxy?dont hope too much lah…can use already smile liao…always lagging again…

can somebody try WOW on celcom 3g? lol thx
and yeah…is it really unlimited? 700+ kbps is FAST
i wouldnt mind paying rm100 for it

it looks like Celcom 3G is stable now with the new ip address 219.93.152.130, not like last time, 3 or 4 days down, and yahoo messenger can’t add contact, msn messenger hard to sign in, slow access to friendster (weird) yeahh there is an improvement after the upgrade…
about the 5GB limitation, so far they not yet implement it in miri, because i already download…hmm about 10GB plus, ahahah, so dont worry, just keep quiet http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/16/1435290/icon/whistling.gif

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/16/1435290/icon/thumbup.gif

Initially, I’m only able to connect via GPRS but after calling their customer service center to enquire why no 3G available in Krokop, they informed me 3G should be available. After numerous speedtest as suggested by Celcom with no improvement, they said they will check their system. The next day, viola! 3G appears… I guess they must have fine tuned their system. If anyone has 3G connection problem, call up customer service to enquire. All it may need is just some fine tuning.

I don’t know if you believe it or not, there’s also Celcom 3G available here n this small village called Kuala Perlis, Perlis…

Good day everyone… and I miss Miri…

dennos, Currently using GIGI EDGE. Sucks big time in Senadin area. Not too bad in Pujut and Lutong area.

I am moving from Miri to JB end of year and will be staying at TUTA area. I plan to subscribe to Celcom broadband to tap into the high speed access. Hopefully my intended area not that bad. Which area in Skudai in particular? Near Tmn U? What about Maxis broadband in TUTA area? Any experience?