Caution on bicycles in Miri

Many of us in Miri would have noticed recently there are more students riding bicycles in groups. Not sure it is safe the way they riding. We driving the car have to be cautious not to knock them and they too have get used to riding safely in Miri roads.

personally, I think these bicycle riders are less “heroic” than the motorcyclists we have in miri…

if you get my meaning, that is…

you will see lots of them at the old kuala baram road. some moron cyclists occupy whole lane they think the road belong to thier father 1.

I think you guys must be talking about this new trends cycling groupie called “fixie bike”…big wheels (road bike size 700cc), single speed, with very contrast flashy colored bike right?..mostly teenagers i see. I’m a cyclist too but was a bit annoyed with this group (just a few particular ones) because they don’t wear safety helmets and ride wobbly. Sometimes the just cut the traffic when its still red and took bigger space than required to ride along the road side.

I caught them in the act on my camera mounted 360 degree angle on my bicycle…now in HD.

Next time need to have enforcement on bicycles too same as motorcycles in terms of safety.

i saw them almost everyday during this Holiday around Bintang, Boulevard and Mall…i thing they try to act like a Hero with no Helmet and proper safety equipment…:slight_smile:

actually not everyone who doesn’t use helmet wants to act like a pro. some of them is just too shy to wear it, you noe lah when they use it some of their frens will laugh at them

doesn’t seem very logical considering they choose “not to be laughed at” over safety…

helmet spoil hair style. :lol:

tak macho lah pake helmet…

helmet spoil hair style. :lol:[/quote]

LOL… that I agree however… HAHA

actually not everyone who doesn’t use helmet wants to act like a pro. some of them is just too shy to wear it, you noe lah when they use it some of their frens will laugh at them[/quote]

Anyway safety helmet is important ! :wink:

actually not everyone who doesn’t use helmet wants to act like a pro. some of them is just too shy to wear it, you noe lah when they use it some of their frens will laugh at them[/quote]

Anyway safety helmet is important ! :wink:[/quote]

Maybe they can’t afford to get a helmet anymore after spending all their saving on the bike. Anyway, please watch out for them and blast your vehicle horn if you see them not following the road rules.

Have you seen a bicycle? Those things are horrifying. They’re quiet as ■■■■, fast, and God forbid they ensnare your pant leg in their chain mechanism. Bicycles are scary as ■■■■, man. If it can’t stand up straight by itself without anyone on it, how can I trust it to stay upright while I’m riding it?

wat

Bicycle are considered okey…

i am more annoyed by teenagers with motobikes,
ride dangerously and think they are cool.

what are they thinking anyway?
if you wants to be cool and attract attention, go save up your money and buy a HUMMER.

everywhere you go will become center of attraction.

its okay lo… its a healthy trend rather than drugs, clubbing. its good to see teens are active in sports nowadays, futsal, cycling… its a healthy trend

[quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]Bicycle are considered okey…

i am more annoyed by teenagers with motobikes,
ride dangerously and think they are cool.

what are they thinking anyway?
if you wants to be cool and attract attention, go save up your money and buy a HUMMER.

everywhere you go will become center of attraction.[/quote]

plus their noisy modified exhaust that goes BAM BAM BAM loudly…

i wonder at what age they will start having hearing problems…
me inside the car can feel the pressure from that noise already, what to say the rider just a few inches away from the exhaust…

also points to what I say bicycle riders are less “heroic” than motorcyclist…
;p

shy to use helmet… i think kan… i can own my self a Road bike … i use it to go to work at merdeka mall with FULL FACE helmets!!

To bicycle rider, please set up a light or something so people can notice you from behind or front. That’s a lot lot safer.