Car stolen at boulevard

[quote=“gorshan”][quote=“plane”][quote=“gorshan”][quote=“plane”]ok, you need liquid nitrogen or even a can of compressed air and a small hammer
freeze the lock
then shatter it

the whole process takes seconds and will work with your locks at home as well[/quote]

where to get liquid nitrogen or a can of compressed air in Miri?[/quote]

can use Freon as well, Co2
any compressed gas really

but liquid nitrogen is the ultimate, i bet the pro thieves have a large supply then put it in a small thermos bottle which fits in the pocket[/quote]

your theory and physic is good. you watched ‘Terminator’ movie so do we. so far no known case reported in Malaysia.[/quote]

are you sure???

[quote=“plane”][quote=“gorshan”][quote=“plane”][quote=“gorshan”][quote=“plane”]ok, you need liquid nitrogen or even a can of compressed air and a small hammer
freeze the lock
then shatter it

the whole process takes seconds and will work with your locks at home as well[/quote]

can use Freon as well, Co2
any compressed gas really

but liquid nitrogen is the ultimate, i bet the pro thieves have a large supply then put it in a small thermos bottle which fits in the pocket[/quote]

your theory and physic is good. you watched ‘Terminator’ movie so do we. so far no known case reported in Malaysia.[/quote]

are you sure???[/quote]

show us, plane :slight_smile:

Which parking area to be precise? The boulevard mall open space parking lot?[/quote]

Wow so fast already 5 pages. Well.

My friends pajero (bru), park same side as post office, in front of boulevard hotel main door. The lady (mir car) not sure, but she came in beside sugarbun entrance at the same boulevard.
My neighbor’s car (bru) park behind boulevard (first fly over) around the corner to basement parking.

[quote=“gorshan”][quote=“plane”]ok, you need liquid nitrogen or even a can of compressed air and a small hammer
freeze the lock
then shatter it

Maybe possible, so where do you think they get the device to jam the car immobilizer ? Even if miri doesn’t sell it. If they are pros, they surely will find a way to get it.

What I don’t understand, “a time bomb”?

But gps car tracking device looks good. Googled and I found something about the size of a cigarette pack. It might be the best solution since it reply the car owner of its location. And also for its size, it can be hidden any where in the car.

Compress air is NOT liquid nitrogen, the temperature of any compress air is no way that of the below freezing liquid nitrogen or else why bother to use liquid nitrogen to break a lock if any old compress air from a hair spray or mosquito aerosol-can will do :mrgreen:

Why does metal become so brittle when liquid nitrogen is poured on it?

Low temperatures induced metal fatigue, such as liquid N2, the material gets very “stiff” and “hard”. Although it can then withstand higher applied forces i.e. the material is harder, the material cannot flex readily, so it breaks.

Actually, many metals can become brittle at temperatures well above that of liquid nitrogen (-196 deg C or -321 deg F). This tendency to be brittle (i.e., fracture under impact) is referred to as a metal’s “toughness” and this toughness is temperature sensitive.

where is boulevard security???as if it free parking policy, i think the management not care of car park outside…i heard past news about free park policy, if the car stolen,the management should face the law if ot correct me wrong ya

gear lock or what ever lock is not the prevention of car thief. its only a deterrent. these people do things in a rush… when they see the car steering/gear or pedals is being locked, they know it will take more time to steal instead of the ones with out them… go to youtube and u’ll find all sorts of videos showing how to remove or unlock these locks.

I highly doubt the management will want to take responsibility especially when it comes to free parking area. On top of that, they already have put up a notice that they will not be responsible towards your car safety.

How come some many cars stolen cases at Boulevard but haven’t heard / read about it from the newspaper ???

the security just sit under the tree and smoke

Under the common law, as long as there is no charges involve regardless if the put up a notice or not they could not be held responsible for any missing items or vehicles as they have not make any profit and there is no consideration hence no binding contracts.

However, if they do charge for parking regardless if the put up the sign no responsible for missing items or cars they are arguably to be held liable as they had charge you for the space under the common law and consumer law.

spot-on.

steering lock, gear lock, pedal lock, as deterrent plus constant surveillance reduces but does not eliminate the chances of your car being stolen.

did you check the security cameras?

[quote=“zhauyiun”]Under the common law, as long as there is no charges involve regardless if the put up a notice or not they could not be held responsible for any missing items or vehicles as they have not make any profit and there is no consideration hence no binding contracts.

However, if they do charge for parking regardless if the put up the sign no responsible for missing items or cars they are arguably to be held liable as they had charge you for the space under the common law and consumer law.[/quote]

This is interesting, how about in the case of paid-coupon based car parks around town? Can we hold MCC liable as well for such cases?