Car Audio System

Anyone knows where I can find good, cheap and good workmanship for car audio system? I really like to find MTX or Audiobahn or either Sony if those 2 cannot be found. Pls give suggestions…

:wink: :wink:

try audio shop near boulevard…i think next to aircond shop…but workmanship sux…tun sen near grand place is gud but no MTX product

What chil said is right, buy a headunit elsewhere & pasang at tun sen. I think the installation charge still stay at rm 30 unless they raise the fee.

To what extend you want to play your car audio? SPL or SQL?

Wat is SPL and SQL? Dunno la…

SQL - Sound Quality

SPL - Those Boom Boom Boom…

[quote=“fletcheru”]SQL - Sound Quality

SPL - Those Boom Boom Boom…[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification.
Of course both la if can… But if cannot, BBB 1 can la…
Most ppl would prefer the 1 at Jee Foh Road, near the roundabout but I went to see, there’s not many choices le…

go to KM lo… at saberkas… not bad ma…

[quote=“pinklover9461”][quote=“fletcheru”]SQL - Sound Quality

Most ppl would prefer the 1 at Jee Foh Road, near the roundabout but I went to see, there’s not many choices le…[/quote]

You said prefer, but when you go there not many choice?

That doesn’t sound right. hehe

[quote=“fletcheru”][quote=“pinklover9461”][quote=“fletcheru”]SQL - Sound Quality

Most ppl would prefer the 1 at Jee Foh Road, near the roundabout but I went to see, there’s not many choices le…[/quote]

You said prefer, but when you go there not many choice?

That doesn’t sound right. hehe[/quote]

Fletcheru, i think u miss out something here… pinklover was saying most ppl prefer and not he /she prefer… …

as for myself… i am more into SQL… maybe becoz i m getting older …hehehe… :lol:

smallee,

yea, perhaps i miss understand.

one moment talking about other people, next his own comments.

SQL eh, what setup do you have?

Care to demo to me when free?

[quote=“fletcheru”]smallee,

yea, perhaps i miss understand.

one moment talking about other people, next his own comments.

Care to demo to me when free?[/quote]

Brother, count me in.

[quote=“fletcheru”]smallee,

yea, perhaps i miss understand.[/quote]

Perhaps…i miss understand too… :lol:

Care to demo to me when free?

Mine is just an ordinary one… nothing fancy la… but maybe when I am free and back home… we can have a share la… so what about yours? What kind of setup u have? :wink: :lol:

[quote=“smallee”]

Mine is just an ordinary one… nothing fancy la… but maybe when I am free and back home… we can have a share la… so what about yours? What kind of setup u have? :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Glad to know a new SQ buddy. Smallee, are you running 3-ways setup, mind to share you setup? I usually hang up with fletcheru for SQ topic.

smallee,

give a shout when you’re back in miri.

[quote=“pinklover9461”][quote=“fletcheru”]SQL - Sound Quality

Lets see, for both you can do actually…

Woofers : maybe 2 12" with a custom made box that has a hole or w/e they call it. Brands… so far the only ones that i think qualify for both SQL and SPL can be Mohawk, Alpine and maybe MTX. For pure SPL should try out Lightning Audio (n/a in Msia cept for order i think) or Memphis audio.

Mid/rear/tweeter : i would recommend Alpine SPX-F17-T awesome sounds for surround setup… but kenwood would do fine if your looking to go for stereo set up.

For amplifiers : A 4/3/2 Amp for the mid/read/tweeter would be nice. If you’re going for stereo setup the a 4 channel would be fine i guess. And then a mono Amp for the 2 12" stuffed in tha trunk.

Head unit aka player : depends tho. no recommendations on this on. Better look for a high end that has good specs so that you don’t have to get a pre-amp. :slight_smile:

As for an accesory shop of choice. I still prefer KM. Saberkas commercial centre.

Wow…

Saf, thx for the info. Looks like you’re really good in this kind of stuff.

Anyway, i will try for it. Thx a lot.

:wink: :wink:

KM in saberkas…if not mistaken, they are official distributor for powerzone stuffs…the proton service centre is under them?

For Lightning Audio product, just take a short drive to Gadong (Brunei), and look for Seng Hoe Huat, they are the Authorise Agent for Lightning Audio for East M’sia.

There is no one product that can compromise together (SQ and SPL).

Most brands carry both SQ and SPL range of products…

herm…if u want to go cheap but quality,u can go to Union Car acessories in tudan…or Star car acessories in center point there…star is the authorized dealer for Pegasus audio…i dont recommend u guys to go to Tiong Hee(the one next to the SM Teknik junction)…their workmanship is terrible…u can see all the wires all over the place…not sure bout km tho…never been there…there’s one in mosjaya area called 123 car acessories…if im not mistaken la…i heard their workmanship is good…

hey…we should have a gathering one day…maybe in tanjong…hv a bbq or somesort…and at the same time check out each other audio settings…i need a lot to learn since my car audio system is not so great…just normal stuff…cd player,2 3 way crossover,tweeter,mid and rear…just those…my woofer slot on the crossover is still empty…=_="