Can go into Miri Court?

heard ppl say that individual can enter and listen to court cases even though that cases has nothing to do with you? true kah? some ppl go just to listen and to improve their negotiation skill oh… anyone can clarify tis question?

Yeah, I wonder the same question too… mana tau one day, got bored of watching movies… can go to court and watch real life situation… much awesome then watching Judge judy makes her verdict. Well… minus the hollywood special effects…

You’ll be surprised to see that some of the judges presiding the cases are mostly young men, below 30 y.o.
You’ll be even more surprised to see some of the judges have to type the court proceedings while listening to the cases…
You’ll even be more and more surprised to see that these judges don’t have the proper typing skills (i.e. 2 fingers typing)…
Even the lawyers will “bully” the judges :mrgreen:

:lol: tat’s funny

[quote=“HandsomeGuy”]You’ll be surprised to see that some of the judges presiding the cases are mostly young men, below 30 y.o.
You’ll be even more surprised to see some of the judges have to type the court proceedings while listening to the cases…
You’ll even be more and more surprised to see that these judges don’t have the proper typing skills (i.e. 2 fingers typing)…
Even the lawyers will “bully” the judges :mrgreen:[/quote]

you have been into there?

A magistrate is a judicial officer

next hearing session when? we group up and visit the court?^^

actually we can go inside the court to see how the proceeding done…but make sure to wear proper attire n most important this is behave ourself once inside…if not, silap2 hari bulan we can be arrest by polis mahkamah for kesalahan menghina mahkamah n this include when we didn’t shut down or put our mobile phone in silent mode n suddently it ring inside the court … :slight_smile:

attended a hearing once and i was shocked to find out that it wasnt like what was shown in the movie. i was expecting a drama scene where i’ll get to see the lawyers arguing defending and doing closing. instead, the court room was really silence. the lawyers were even whispering to their client. so, i went around and asked friends who worked at lawyer firms and some of the court house staff. the findings was i’ve attended a minor case. :oops: :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes, one had to abide with the strict regulation upon entering a court room just like what nimrodz said-proper attire.

proper attire as in formal with tie?

casual formal i guess.

[quote=“LadyBird”]attended a hearing once and i was shocked to find out that it wasnt like what was shown in the movie. i was expecting a drama scene where i’ll get to see the lawyers arguing defending and doing closing. instead, the court room was really silence. the lawyers were even whispering to their client. so, i went around and asked friends who worked at lawyer firms and some of the court house staff. the findings was i’ve attended a minor case. :oops: :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes, one had to abide with the strict regulation upon entering a court room just like what nimrodz said-proper attire.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, watching too much court drama could set your expectation too high when you attend a real court proceeding!
the proceeding i attended in May this year was nothing like on TV, no intense debate among prosecutor and lawyer! no tense moments…nothing! oh well, then again, maybe the case I attended was just minor compare to the one i saw on TV! :lol:

[quote=“Karamazov”][quote=“LadyBird”]attended a hearing once and i was shocked to find out that it wasnt like what was shown in the movie. i was expecting a drama scene where i’ll get to see the lawyers arguing defending and doing closing. instead, the court room was really silence. the lawyers were even whispering to their client. so, i went around and asked friends who worked at lawyer firms and some of the court house staff. the findings was i’ve attended a minor case. :oops: :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes, one had to abide with the strict regulation upon entering a court room just like what nimrodz said-proper attire.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, watching too much court drama could set your expectation too high when you attend a real court proceeding!
the proceeding i attended in May this year was nothing like on TV, no intense debate among prosecutor and lawyer! no tense moments…nothing! oh well, then again, maybe the case I attended was just minor compare to the one i saw on TV! :lol:[/quote]
and you know what with that kind of silence in the court room, i bet one can hear someone’s farting. the soft fart type, that sound very soft one. i think dennos2 can put it in words. he’s very good in putting sound to words. :smiley:

runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :mrgreen:

my mom works at a lawyer firm, she often went to the court with the firm’s lawyer to deal with stuffs …

im gonna ask my mom when will the major cases are gonna take place … and if we can go and " entertain "our self

if u wan more action , come to police station more story more touching , and fighting and u get it free.

Come2 visit la. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

scratch her head
wondering on the different between court and police station… :roll:

my first time enter a court [it is magistrate court actually, situated at d old court which is opposite pelita tunku] is during im 11 yrs old
it’s really a small court
i had d chance coz my fren’s mom is a judge
she had her own room, and inside her room, there’s another door
when i opened d door, it’s d court.
as a kid that time, i really excited. lol

when d court move near to pos ofis. i had my experienced hearing a murder case in a high court
about 8 yrs ago…so long time ago.lol
u have to wear smart and silent your hp
when d judge enter, have to bow
not all d lawyer are young
who cares bout d lawyer
d judge is more important
afterall, lawyer is not my taste :mrgreen:
loyar buruk :lol:

yeah, come visit us there… :slight_smile:

good idea. do let us know when is the next hearing for any murder case, rape case, corruption case, robbery case or whatever big case ok. do let us know in terms of dressing code as well.