Cameras & Accessories

hullo. i dont’t know where else should i ask or get the answer so i decided to post my Q here.

my Q is: where can i shop for cameras & accessories in miri? im thinking of buying flash unit, tripod and lenses. TQ fer yer time. :wink:

For Nikon / Canon stuff, try Era Photo at the “Lau Ren Jie” aka Old man street, behind Sin Liang.

thx fer the reply. mr GT, is the the one in the same row with the Clinic?
or the one on the same row with MEI HUA SHOE STORE? thx.

GeorgeTing, do u know any shop that still sells Konica Minolta stuffs?

I’m looking for Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens… wonder whether can find it in miri…

seem like there are many shutterbugs in miri but no place to shop for accessories :frowning:

has anyone used a Gorrilapod?

http://www.joby.com/products/gorillapod/original/

[quote=“kampong_boy”]has anyone used a Gorrilapod?

http://www.joby.com/products/gorillapod/original/[/quote]

nvr. but would love to try.

Sorry for the late reply gang:

Shutterhero - yes, it’s just next door to the Mee hua shoe store

Soulfly - koni minolta, difficult to find in Miri, I guess you’ll need to order online or search in KL/SG

I used and broke my gorillapod…I have since upgraded to a dSLR and and more than happy with my new tripod - a manfrotto 190XPROB!

Anyways, if you’re looking to get Nikon gear I may be able to help…I have a couple of friends back in Miri who started a photography company doing wedding and events…maybe you’ve seen them at some of the christian events around town…they’re called Median Labs. Anyways, they buy their cameras directly from the Nikon Malaysia distributor so they also help a lot of my friends buy cameras (usually dSLRs) and accessories…they’ll get them at the same prices they sell to stores or lower…I’m not sure if they still do but I can ask if you want…

ya,Era Photo carry some camera accessories and sometimes u might found some stuffs which is quite rare in the market too ( KEEP tripod,filters,drybox) :slight_smile:

Also,i saw some Manfrotto tripod and Lowepro bags at Victoris Photo,Imperial ground floor.

For Konica stuffs,might not be able to get in Miri.U can actually found USED items at :
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ftz/index.php

just beware of spams,sometimes :roll:

soulfly,if not mistaken,i saw ur post at PhotoM’sia or Photokaki,i remember saw quite a lot of ppl selling 50mm 1.7 there…

I miss the malaysian prices…lenses here in australia are so darn expensive!

hey…i buy the dry box at there too…
i mease era photo…
if hard to buy good thing in miri…
may be the price is high and is bad to keep stork…
hahaha…

[quote=“my4to”]ya,Era Photo carry some camera accessories and sometimes u might found some stuffs which is quite rare in the market too ( KEEP tripod,filters,drybox) :slight_smile:

Also,i saw some Manfrotto tripod and Lowepro bags at Victoris Photo,Imperial ground floor.

For Konica stuffs,might not be able to get in Miri.U can actually found USED items at :
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ftz/index.php

just beware of spams,sometimes :roll:

soulfly,if not mistaken,i saw ur post at PhotoM’sia or Photokaki,i remember saw quite a lot of ppl selling 50mm 1.7 there…[/quote]
not many. some 50mm 1.7 at photomalaysia are MD-mount… which is the manual lens. a lot of AF 50mm are overpriced. i think i’ll just aim for those ebay ones and ask help from my friends to order for me…much2 cheaper. there’s one guy at clubminolta wanted to sell the 50mm f1.7 at rm600 which is ridiculous. brand new price was only around $80 USD (but of course no brand new minolta lens available anymore)

[quote=“andrewtbc”]hey…i buy the dry box at there too…
i mease era photo…
if hard to buy good thing in miri…
may be the price is high and is bad to keep stork…
hahaha…[/quote]miri market is not big enough for photography enthusiast. most people who are into cameras are just into casual photography, not so serious one. equipment also very basic.

@ soulfly

Not really, bro. those who are into photography normally will request camera shop to help them order from west Malaysia dealer.
Yes, they don’t keep stock. But they can order for you upon request. :wink:

Hi Silverstan,

Would you be interested in canon EOS 650 af-slr. I am not so much into photography and dont know if someone is still using this type of camera. It has been lying in my storeroom for quite some time. you can check it out from this link http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=9185

Hi Silverstan, …sorry i meant shutterbug

[quote=“Silverstan”]@ soulfly

Not really, bro. those who are into photography normally will request camera shop to help them order from west Malaysia dealer.
Yes, they don’t keep stock. But they can order for you upon request. ;)[/quote]I order my stuffs personally from WM :lol:

[quote=“Reno911”]Hi Silverstan,

Would you be interested in canon EOS 650 af-slr. I am not so much into photography and dont know if someone is still using this type of camera. It has been lying in my storeroom for quite some time. you can check it out from this link http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=9185[/quote]

hehe, me long time not really go into photography anymore… just taking pics for fun and play play only…

currently only planning to get Panasonic L1. or maybe D80. need to see how’s my financial goes after chinese new year. hehe

[quote=“soulfly”][quote=“Silverstan”]@ soulfly

Yes, they don’t keep stock. But they can order for you upon request. ;)[/quote]I order my stuffs personally from WM :lol:[/quote]

oh hehe… that’s nice…
cause last time when i start playing photography… (around 10 years ago)
that’s not easy to order from WM like nowaday… hehe
normally we need go to camera shop, and request tauke help us order… :stuck_out_tongue:

ya… now more easier… many forum, online store… can easily check price, and order online. :smiley: