Call 1800-886-800 If You Cannot Get Sugar, Says Veerasingam

Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/state_news/news.php?id=222521&cat=nt

September 30, 2006 15:45 PM

Call 1800-886-800 If You Cannot Get Sugar, Says Veerasingam

TAPAH, Sept 30 (Bernama) – Call toll-free line 1800-886-800 if sugar is still hard to come by in your area.

The Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry promises to send sugar to the area in 24 hours.

This assurance was given by Deputy Minister Datuk S. Veerasingam to consumers who still cannot get sugar.

“There is enough sugar stock in the country. Just call the hotline 1800-886-800 if you have problems getting sugar. My ministry officers will investigate and send supply to your area within 24 hours,” he told reporters here Saturday.

Veerasingam said the ministry and wholesalers would ensure sufficient quantity of sugar was supplied to areas where the commodity was in short supply.

Friday, the ministry sent more sugar to Tanah Rata in Cameron Highlands after receiving complaints traders in the town had run out of sugar.

"There is no need to worry about sugar shortage anymore. We will use all our resources to ensure there is enough sugar in the market.

“We even used navy ships to send sugar to Sabah and Sarawak,” he said after witnessing direct selling of sugar by a wholesaler to consumers here.

This was arranged by the Perak Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Department with the cooperation of a sugar wholesaler here.

More than seven tonnes of sugar were snapped up in about two hours, with each buyer allowed to buy four kilos of sugar at the RM1.45 a kilo controlled price.

– BERNAMA

wondering what if everyone call in the number in the same time and all from different areas… how do they manage to send all of them in 24 hrs?? I do not think so they can manage it la…

To me the best way for me to deal with this is now… ‘personally’ reduce the comsumption of sugar at home… :smiley: :smiley: and do not need to worry abt no sugar to use lor…

wonder what will be the next one after diesel and sugar? :roll: