Businesses thrilled by response to expo

KUCHING: The Perfect Livin’ expo in the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK) has always been the highlight of the year for many home appliances and furnishing businesses in the city.

Attracting an average of some 30,000 visitors per expo since its first edition in Kuching six years ago, business owners see the event as an opportunity to further promote their products and make sales in the process.

Haw Electrical Trading Sdn Bhd managing director Desmond Tan Ting Haw said sales usually went through the roof during the event.

“We have been a principle participant of the expo since the first edition many years ago. Participating in Perfect Livin’ gives us more exposure.

“It not only helps us to move more products but has a knock-on effect, where customers would later visit our stores in the city,” he said at the expo.

Tan added the company remained committed to participate in Perfect Livin’ considering the good sales recorded during the event each time.

“There’s a sharp increase in sales, no doubt. I’m happy with the expo,” he said.

Bryan, a sales person for a kitchen appliances company, echoed Tan’s view on the sales volume. He said that sales throughout the four-day expo could surpass months of sales recorded on normal days.

“With the participation of many businesses, offering a wide range of products, this is definitely a win-win situation for us and the customers.

“The people have a variety of products and brands to choose from, while we benefit from the large presence of visitors,” he said.

Event organiser Jason Yap, who is also i.Star Ideas Factory Sdn Bhd director, said the Perfect Livin expo in Kuching never failed to attract thousands of visitors. This time around, he estimated the expo to attract some 30,000 people.

With more than 300 booths to accommodate some 100 participants, he estimated the expo to generate between RM15mil and RM20mil in sales.

“Our flagship event at PWTC and Kuantan in the past couple of weeks have recorded an upward trend in sales. We are confident that Kuching will record a positive number as well,” Yap said.

Diana Asun, who brought her family to the expo, was content but envious that Kuching has an expo of such capacity.

With a wide range of home products and furnishing available under one roof, she hoped that Perfect Livin would someday be organised in her hometown of Miri.

“You have great deals, you get to win prizes while you shop and everything is under one roof. What’s not to like?” the computer programmer said.

Entrepreneur Jimmy Damin said he waited for the expo to shop for home appliances.

“I heard about it last year from my friends and I told my wife about it. We have been planning and saving our money since,” he added.

Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2018/04/28/businesses-thrilled-by-response-to-expo/