Bus Shops

Miri is considered a city now rite?

I would like to know who/which department is responsible for the care of all bus stands in Miri or Sarawak, as a whole. It is sickening to note that none of the bus stands are fitted with lightings. Imagine if you are waiting at the bus stands for the bus in total darkness, what if, there are some bad hats around. Not to mention that most of the places where bus stands are located are in bad shape - bushes, trees, etc…the list goes on.

Why cant the City Council do something about that - fit lightings for all bus stands, to improve visibility for bus drivers as well as for the users. I really feel sorry for those people who had to take bus but with ■■■■ condition of our bus stand. That should and must be the basic condition for all bus stand. Such a simple condition and not even our council are looking into it.

Sights!!!

Your suggestion to have lightings for public facilities is timely for a city. These are easy to implement. The difficult part is the people’s mentality and attitute. How long will the conveniences last before they are vandalised? The people will have to be civilised and wanting to live in a conducive and healthy environment with all the modern facilities provided. If not, it will just be a waste of effort.
Really pity the bus commuters having to wait in darkness, lack sense of security and damaged seat.

[quote=“popeyedjoe”]
Why cant the City Council do something about that - fit lightings for all bus stands, to improve visibility for bus drivers as well as for the users. I really feel sorry for those people who had to take bus but with sh*t condition of our bus stand. That should and must be the basic condition for all bus stand. Such a simple condition and not even our council are looking into it.

Sights!!![/quote]

Easy for you to say. What happens when some idiot steal the bus stop lighting? We already got people stealing manhole cover for scrap metal.

Go to KL and see one of those pedestrian tunnel having no lights at due to vandalism / stolen.

[quote=“whatman”][quote=“popeyedjoe”]
Why cant the City Council do something about that - fit lightings for all bus stands, to improve visibility for bus drivers as well as for the users. I really feel sorry for those people who had to take bus but with sh*t condition of our bus stand. That should and must be the basic condition for all bus stand. Such a simple condition and not even our council are looking into it.

Sights!!![/quote]

Easy for you to say. What happens when some idiot steal the bus stop lighting? We already got people stealing manhole cover for scrap metal.

Go to KL and see one of those pedestrian tunnel having no lights at due to vandalism / stolen.[/quote]

Aiiiiiiiya!..stop trolling dude!

There are anti-theft products on the market, if all else fails insurance will cover the theft and the police will investigate

In this world we must move forwards not backward

[quote=“Pastry”]

There are anti-theft products on the market, if all else fails insurance will cover the theft and the police will investigate

In this world we must move forwards not backward[/quote]

you just spill the beans, nicely. :mrgreen:

welcome back, yet again.

I saw the other day troll stole the manhole cover so he can quickly go hide under the bridge.

[quote=“vertigo”][quote=“Pastry”]

In this world we must move forwards not backward[/quote]

you just spill the beans, nicely. :mrgreen:

welcome back, yet again.[/quote]

Troll brothers having a chat? :lol:

stay on topic PLEASE

Back on track now!
TS, go to MCMC and offer your suggestion